ONE

*EDITED*

Kelsey

-

-

As I finished brushing my long, curly blonde hair I looked around my room, making sure I didn't forget to pack anything.

"Kelsey, hurry up! The Potter's are almost here! You don't want to be late to the Hogwarts Express!" My mom called down to me.

"Coming mum! I'm just making sure I didn't forget anything!" I called back. after doing a quick once-over of my room I knew I packed everything.

I checked my alarm clock on my nightstand and saw it was only nine-thirty, so maybe I would have time to eat breakfast.

I shut my Hogwarts trunk shut and locked it. I sat on the edge of my bed and put on my shoes. lacing them up I stuck my wand in my back pocket a good place in case I need to make a quick grab.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I said casting the levitating spell on my truck and it floated into the air.

I had it trail behind me so that I wouldn't have to carry it.

"Kelsey you know you're not allowed to use magic outside school." My annoying eleven-year-old sister, Jamie, told me and I rolled my eyes at her.

"First of all, that's only if you're around muggles, and since we're all Purebloods here, no harm was done. Secondly, do me a favor and don't talk to me at all this year. Lastly, figure out what house you want?" I spoke to her.

"Kelsey, you're sister is correct." My mom spoke up from our kitchen, "So before you get expelled the day you leave for school, stop using magic." She said sternly.

I rolled my eyes but did as I was told.

Okay yeah, it was probably rude of me to tell Jamie not to talk to me but here's the problem. I'm in Slytherin, and my sister is super nice, to everyone but me, but my whole family knows she won't be in Slytherin. My dad and I have a bet going on. Ten Galleons says she's in Hufflepuff from me, Ten Galleons says my dad that she's in Gryffindor like him.

My dad was a Gryffindor and my mum was a Ravenclaw. It always made me laugh that I was put in Slytherin, but I always had a knack for getting into trouble.

"I hope to be in Ravenclaw like mum was," She smiled then ran off but not before turning to me. "Oh and Regulas sent you a letter, it's on the kitchen counter," Seh smirked evilly, and then she ran off towards the living room.

Maybe she would be a Slytherin after all. I thought.

I blushed a bit. Regulas and I had been sending Owls back and forth for the whole summer. He and I had a lot in common, even funnier though was the fact I'm best friends with his brother Sirius, and even though they hate each other, they're civil towards each other around me. It quite funny to see them try not to kill each other.

I walked off towards the kitchen after placing my truck by the front door, and when I walked in, I saw the letter on the table. I also saw my father sitting in front of it with his arms crossed... The letter was open.

"Kelsey, it's so good of you to join me," he made a hand gesture to the seat opposite of him. "Please, sit. we don't have much time to talk until the Potter's arrive." He did not look pleased. so clearly Regulas said something in the letter to make him mad.

I took a seat and my dad passed me the letter.

"Read this," he said and I cringed at his tone.