Thirty

Kelsey

-

-

It was the night before the full moon, before my birthday and I stood here in front of the Forbidden Forest, waiting for Remus, freezing my ass off.

"Hey!" He jogged up to me. "Sorry I'm late, had to snag a few blankets, then I had to get some food and yeah."

He looked awful. The full moon was tomorrow and I knew he was tired.

"We don't have to do anything you know? You look super tired." I told him.

He grabbed my hand and started leading me into the Forbidden Forest.

"Just come on."

We walked for about twenty minutes when we came to a little clearing. In the trees there was a small blue house.

"It's so cute." I told him walked towards it.

He used a spell that lowered a ladder and we climbed up. As soon as we were at the top he used another spell and the ladder came up.

"I'd rather not having anything climbing up after us." He told me with a lopsided grin.

I giggled and went inside.

It wasn't much, but it meant the world Remus did this. There were candles laid out every where and even more blankets scattered across the floor with many pillows as well.

"Remus this is wonderful." I told him.

I looked and him and he was smiling widely. He threw the other blankets on the floor and threw off his shoes. They he casted a spell into the fireplace and started a fire.

"There's a spell on the fireplace so no one can see the smoke outside. We're all alone." He laid down on the many blankets.

I kicked off my shoes as well, and took of my jacket leaving me in my jeans and tank top. That's probably why I was so cold, I didn't layer up.

"Good thing tomorrow is Saturday, no one will miss us in the morning. Plus I've got James' invisibility cloak to sneak back in." He told me lounging with his eyes closed.

I grinned. Then I dashed over and tackled him in a hug, giving him the biggest kiss ever. He smiled as I pulled away.

"This means so much you have no idea."

"I'm glad."

We were silent for a few moments except for the crackling of the fire.

"Kelsey? There's something I've wanted to ask you. Since Third Year really." He turned his head to the fire.

Then he met my eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled at him.

"Yes."

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Third Person

Kelsey and Remus spent the night kissing, hugging and just talking. Little did they know they were being watched.

Lord Voldemort still wanted the girl for his evil duties, but for the time, Kelsey would be safe.

Unfortunately, in a matter of four years everything would change.

Kelsey was in fact killed in the wizarding war. Resulting in Remus closing himself of to everyone. James and Lily, having fallen in love and gotten married, had too been killed leaving their poor one year old son alone. Sirius was convicted of a crime he did not commit and Peter, the reason for all of this, went into hiding.

Remus was all alone in the world, but soon he would join his true love again. But not for many years.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

-

-

-

Well, this is it. The last chapter of Moonlit Snake. There's not going to be a sequel, I've really just lost interest in writing it, as I'm sure you all saw in the last few chapters.

However I hope you'll all read my new story coming out this summer, Emerald.

I've got the into, cast list and playlist already posted if y'all want to check it out.

Lastly, just thank you to everyone who's read this story, my first real fanfiction. Thank you all.

~Liv