TWENTY-THREE

*EDITED*

Kelsey

-

-

We ran for what seemed like hours, finally finding a clearing and pitching the tent I managed to keep in my bag, concealed. I thought over everything, from the time we left Hogwarts, to London, to now. 

My sister. Oh god, Jamie. What was happening to her?

My mind whirled with thoughts about my family, my parents were going to kill me. Then I thought back to what Remus asked me earlier. 

'What are your thoughts on werewolves?' What does that mean?

My answer had been, I guess, equally as confusing, I thought back to our conversation. 

"What are your thoughts on werewolves?" Remus asked me.

I was taken back. Werewolves? I never really thought about that. I heard they were awful creatures that only killed for fun or turned others into werewolves as well.

"I never really thought about it. I guess they're okay. Depending on their way of life I suppose? Don't they just bite people to turn them into werewolves? Fenrir Greyback does that." I trailed off looking at Remus' face.

"Remus? What's wrong?"

He looked deathly pain. I started to worry,

"I'm fine, just a little under the weather. We should get the tent up, but no fires. Your tent is charmed for concealment right? No one will see it?"

"No, we'll be fine. However you're going to have to help me put it up, I don't know how." I blushed.

He laughed and I laughed a little too. It felt nice to have a happy feeling. But that soon ended when reality set back in

This was a little bit ago, I was now cooking us dinner inside the tent. 

"Hey, Kelsey?" I looked up from the frying pan at Remus who was standing next to the bed.

"Yeah?"

"There's only one bed." He trailed off.

"So?"

"Well, I'm a guy and you're a girl and I don't know wouldn't that be weird." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Regulus would always do that when he was nervous. I trailed off my thoughts. Regulus. 

What was he doing right now? 

I'm sure he and his family heard of Andromeda's death. Oh my God, Sirius. Sirius will be devastated, what have we done?

"Kelsey?"

My thoughts were interrupted. I looked at Remus and then to the bed.

"We can share. I trust you," was what I said to him and I went back to making our dinner.

He didn't say anything just came and sat next to me.

"I never did tell you what I wanted to earlier, in the cafe. I feel like I should. Simply because of my question earlier too."

"You're a werewolf aren't you?" I asked him.

He didn't reply, confirming my suspicions.

"I don't care you know? You're a great person. Kind and caring and you'd never hurt me or anyone. On purpose that is." I told him looking into his eyes.

"You mean that? You're not disgusted or mad?"

"No, I don't think any of that. I think you're wonderful and smart," I started to lean in and so did he, not too subtly glancing down at my lips might I add.

"When is the next full moon?"

We were so close.

"Don't worry right now."

I could feel his breath on my face.

"You just broke up with Regulus?"

I brushed my lips against his, barely touching him.

"Fuck him."

I closed the distance between us.

Our lips moved in sync like they had a mind of their own. Slowly, as if we had been waiting our whole lives for this moment. Our dinner was forgotten I took the frying own off the small fire and wrapped my arms around his neck. Remus' arms went around my waist. We were in an awkward position. Our bodies so I turned and he pulled me into his lap. I was straddling his waist, our lips were pushed together more and our pace kicked up.

Remus stood and started backing towards the bed on the other side of the tent. His knees buckled when they hit the side as he fell back with me on top. We broke the kiss for air. Both of us breathing heavily we just stared into each other's eyes. Mine into his green ones and his into my blue ones.

Our stress levels were diminishing by the second and I knew we needed this.

"I've liked you since the Second Year, Kelsey." He whispered to me.

I stared into his eyes. I took my right hand and traced his jawline.

"Do you want this as much as me?" I asked him.

His eyes grew darker. I knew he wanted this. I've wanted this for a while.

Why didn't I see it before? Regulus wasn't the one for me. The jealous longing looks he gave Regulus and me and it all made sense now. I was so blind, so blind to see, he and I were meant to be.

"Depends on how much you want this Kelsey," His voice had become raspy.

"I want this so fucking much," I whispered back.

He pulled me down and our lips were on each other again.

Moving in sync but harder. Was I ready? Was this the heat of the moment? Two teenagers wanting to be loved simply because it was them against the world.

I pulled back.

"Remus. We can't, not right now. Not after everything that's happened today." Tears grew in my eyes.

Remus sat on the bed with me still in his arms.

"It's okay I'm not going to push you. I would never." He rocked me back and forth whispering soothing words in my ear.

"I like you too Remus," I said after a few minutes of peace.

"When do you turn seventeen, Kelsey?" He asked me.

"December 24."

"Christmas Eve?"

I nodded against his shoulder.

"Let's sleep, we have a huge day ahead of us." I nodded feeling drained from today's events.

He stood up with my legs still around his waist and pulled the sheets back. I only just realized how cold it was.

He put me down on the bed.

"Do you want to change out of that first?" Rubbing the back of his neck.

I nodded and stood up again, going to my bag. I threw on the shirt and changed from my jeans to shorts.

"Change so we can sleep, Wolfy." I pecked his lips not so subtly pressing my chest against his.

I heard jeans dropping and a shirt being taken off then felt someone getting in the bed behind me.

"Good night, Kelsey," Remus whispered in my ear.

"Good night."