FIVE

*EDITED*

Kelsey

-

-

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I've missed it so much, I thought, looking upon the castle as the carriages taking us from the train brings back many memories.

I sighed and sit back in my seat as Andromeda and Lily gossiped. Andromeda and Ted were holding hands while Regulas sat next to me. He seemed very deep in thought, it was almost concerning. Lily was talking about some cute Sixth Year Ravenclaw, causing me to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Oh please Kelsey, you can't expect me to fall for Potter, right? He's absolutely vile. Especially how he treats Severus..." She trailed off about her male best friend.

None of us was overly fond of Severus, I found him rather strange. A greasy-haired boy with a hooked nose, everyone knew he was in love with Lily... Except for Lily that is. 

After about thirty minutes, we finally arrived in front of the castle and clambered out onto the magnificent steps toward the Great Hall.

"Thank god we're out of that carriage, one more minute by a Half-blood freak, and I would've died." I heard Bellatrix cackle behind me, but before I got in major trouble for using the Cruciatus Curse, I kept walking toward the Great Hall.

"I'll see you later," I told and Lily as we parted ways to go to our appropriate tables. 

Andromeda and I headed toward the Slytherin table which was on the opposite side of the Great Hall from Gryffindor. In order from left to right, the tables were Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor. Luckily I had most of my classes with Gryffindor's, so I always saw Lily anyway.

I walked toward where Regulas was sitting and sat down next to him, and Andromeda sat across from me. I could tell she was gazing at Ted who left us to go sit with his fellow Hufflepuffs. Narcissa came in with Lucius and both sat next to Regulas. Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange sat across from them. 

"Hello, Cissy." I tried being nice to her, giving her a smile, which surprisingly enough she returned. 

Lucius and Regulas were in a deep conversation about Quidditch which shocked me. I never thought Lucius liked it.

"Hello, Kelsey. Did you have a good summer?" she asked me.

"Yes, I did, thank you. Did you as well?" She nodded in return about to ask me something else when Professor McGonagall walked through the doors to the Great Hall leading a pack of first years behind her.

I always loved the sorting. It was so much fun to watch kids go to their Houses, whether they liked them or not. I've seen about five First Years in my life sorted into Slytherin and wanting to be Ravenclaw's, or Gryffindor's, we normally just ignore them until they're used to Slytherin. Well, the majority of Slytherins ignore them even after they're used to it, but not all of us. I for one do not, that's probably why I was picked to be a Prefect.

Professor McGonagall explained to the kids that when she called their names they would come and sit on the stool putting the Sorting Hat on their head so their house would be picked.

"Alastor, DavidW" was the first name called out and a boy with short brown hair walked up.

He didn't seem nervous like most First Years were. I felt Regulas move closer to me and whisper in my ear.

"He's not nervous, I say either Slytherin or Gryffindor." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

He and I had this game we've played since he came to Hogwarts. Every time a confident first year went up, and surprisingly there have been quite a few, we would call what House he, or she, would be put in. I turned and looked at him.