Twenty-Six

Dedicated to GinnyJeanLovegood for the amazing ship names you commented back in chapter ten.

Thank you! :)

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Kelsey

-

-

Remus and I snuck through London. Somehow we hadn't been caught yet.

"How far from the Leaky Cauldron?" I asked him.

"It can't be far."

We moved slowly, and from the look of it, it was nearly midday.

"Look! There it is." Remus pointed at the faded black sign was hanging I front of the door.

"Come on." We pulled out hoods higher, and made our way across the street.

Opening the door we walked in. It wasn't too busy and luckily the bartender wasn't behind the bar at the moment. We hurried to the door that led to the entrance to Diagon Alley.

"Got your wand?" I pulled mine out since Remus stores his in my bag, I had mine in my boot, and I tapped the bricks on the wall in the correct sequence.

The bricks folded back and the entrance opened.

Diagon Alley was relatively cleared out, except for a few witches of wizards here and there.

Remus and I hurried to the Owl Post.

A little bell rang when we entered.

"Hello! Welcome to the Owl Post, please fill free to use any of our Post Owls, just place your money in the boxes below your preferred owl." A kind older woman told us when we entered.

I gave her small smile.

"Let's hurry and write the letter." Remus whispered to me.

I grabbed a quill and parchment, along with an envelope and Remus and I sat at a table.

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

Remus and I are currently in Diagon Alley sending you this letter, since he and I have no way of returning to Hogwarts. We hoped you would help us with this.

We wish to inform you that Andromeda Black is dead. We are unsure if you, or the rest of the Wizarding world know this. We of course found out in the Muggle world. We would like to elaborate more in person, but we are also unsure if the Ministry is current after Remus and I.

Yours truly,

Kelsey and Remus

I folded up the letter and hurriedly put the letter in the envelope and closed it, sealing it with wax that was burning on the table. I put Dumbledore's name on the front of the envelope and walked to an owl.

"Excuse me ma'am?" I called to the woman behind the counter.

She looked up at me.

"Which of these owls in the fastest?"

She smiled at me.

"The auburn owl on the far right end dear is our fastest one."

I nodded at her.

"Thank you."

Remus and I walked over to the gorgeous barn owl. She was auburn just as the woman had said. I gave the owl the letter and she gripped it in her beak. I looked at the price.

"Twenty galleons?" Remus asked looking at me unsure.

Luckily for us my parents were loaded.

I pulled out the galleons and placed them in the box. The owl screeched a little behind the letter and took off, flying through a large hole at the top of the opposite wall.

"What now?" Remus asked me.

"I don't know."

As Remus and I went to leave something happened.

Ministry Aurors appeared out of nowhere surrounding us all.

"Stay where you are." One of them barked at us.

I looked to see the old lady behind the counter as looking at us with a mix of pride and guilt. I glared hard at her. It didn't phase her.

"You're coming with us, to face questioning by the Minster of Magic." The same Auror spoke.

Then grabbed our arms and we disappeared with a loud crack.

We were being arrested. Great.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Sirius

-

-

The funeral was tomorrow evening. I was seated at a table with my aunt and uncle at opposite ends. Regulas, Rudolphus, my father who resented got her and myself sat to the left of my uncle and the right of my aunt.

Bellatrix, Narcissa and my mother on the opposite side. Unfortunately, Bellatrix was seated across from me.

"Sirius." My uncle spoke to me, as he was seated next to me.

"How's school?" He asked.

My uncle was one who surprisingly didn't care I was a Gryffindor but of course he would never say that to the family.

"It's good. I'm passing classes with flying colors of course." Which was true, I was surprisingly the top of my class next to Remus.

He nodded, glad with my answer.

"And your friend, James was it? How is he?"

"James is great. So are Remus and Peter." I told him.

"Bellatrix dear." My mother called down the table to her.

She smirked across the table at me and I rolled my eyes. Moving my peas around my plate.

"How is Slytherin house dear? It's been quite a while since I've been." My mother spoke.

I again rolled my eyes.

"It's perfect Auntie. Nothing has really changed. Unfortunately some half-bloods were sorted into our house, however they've shown their worth." She told her.

My mom nodded in content.

"At least someone is proud of their house."

I slammed my fork down. Knowing this was coming. My family would never accept their son in the opposing house.

"You know what mother. I am extremely proud to call myself a Gryffindor whether you like it or not. Andromeda was proud of me too." I put my napkin on the table and backed my chair out.

"Excuse me." I left the dining room.

I don't know if I could make it until tomorrow.