SIX

*EDITED*

Kelsey

-

-

The first day of classes was always the best for me because this year was O.W.L.S. I was excited for all of my classes because this year, I get to pick my career path. 

Regulas and I were always early risers, so I found him in the Common Room reading. Deciding to go bother him, I kissed him good morning and started talking his ear off about being an Auror. We talked for about thirty minutes before I had to go get ready for the day. I kissed him and told him I would see him at lunch since we didn't have the same classes. 

At breakfast, Slughorn handed out our schedules, and I saw I had him first for Potions with the Gryffindors. 

Andromeda, Lily, and I all made our way to Potions, talking about what we might be learning today. 

"Are you listening to me, Kelsey?" Lily asked me

"Sorry, what?" I said.

"Thinking about Regulas?" she smirked and I shoved her.

"No, thinking about our O.W.L.S." I rolled my eyes and she just laughed as we walked into potions to see Professor Slughorn.

"Ah, Ms. Evans, Ms. Clearwater, and Ms. Black, good to see you all," He said and we smiled politely back at him.

We all went to take our seats when he stopped us. 

"Oh no! I'm having assigned seats this year since last year," he looked right at James and Sirius, "No work was done. So, everyone, stand up." And much to our dismay, we did. 

"Mr. Potter you and Ms. Evans here." He stuck them at the front and I saw James do a small victory dance while Lily looked mortified. 

He put everyone in their seats and only Remus and I were left.

"You two can sit back there naturally since it is the only open table." Professor Slughorn smiled at us. 

He went to the blackboard and started to write down everything we were going to learn this year but I wasn't paying attention, I kept thinking about how much I was going to push myself this year to do great on my exam. 

"Ms. Clearwater?" My head snapped up and I heard a few chuckles.

Professor Slughorn looked impatient.

"Professor?" I asked sheepishly.

"I asked if you and your partner could tell me what this potion is," he asked and I looked to see Remus standing by the cauldron. 

Wow, thanks for the heads up man. I thought. 

I walked and stood next to him instantly knowing this potion. Amortentia, the world's strongest love potion.

"This is Amortentia, Professor and it's the most powerful love potion in the world." I began. "It's said to smell like someone you love. For instance, I smell, cologne, grass, and...." I cut myself off blushing and bit and I stepped away from the potion.

Professor Slughorn gave me a small smile.

"And what about you Mr. Lupin? What do you smell?" Remus looked hesitant to answer and I even saw James and Sirius tense up.

He stepped closer to the cauldron. 

"I smell strawberries, new parchment, ink and," he blushed a bit, "apple-scented perfume." He trailed off not looking up but at his feet.

"You both may sit down," Slughorn said and we walked back to our table. 

"As you can all see this potion is of course known to make someone love you, but it is artificial love. So ladies, don't bother trying to use it." He chuckled a bit at his joke.

"Now, if you would all please turn to page 47 you will be working with your partner to brew this potion."

He began telling us about Draught of Life and Remus and I looked at each other but he blushed instantly and went to get, I guess, the ingredients. My eyes widened in thought, 

This was going to be a long lesson.