TWENTY

*EDITED*

Kelsey

-

-

"You're sure we won't be called out, about being out of school?" Remus asked for what seemed like the millionth time.

"Yes, Remus, now chill out!" I told him for what seemed like the millionth time.

Andromeda laughed behind us.

"Are we almost there Remus?" she asked and he nodded in reply.

We kept walking a few more blocks until we got to a hospital,

"Do you want us to wait here or come in with you?" I asked her.

"Why don't you both go and get some breakfast and I'll go in and deal with all of this? I'm pretty good with Muggle money to be honest," she smiled at us.

We said our goodbyes and Remus and I went to find a cafe,

"Know any good places?"

"There should be a cafe around here somewhere," he told me and I nodded.

We walked in silence for a few blocks until we came to a cute cafe.

"Ah, here it is." He opened the foot for me and I smiled as I passed him.

"Hello! Just you two?" The waitress asked and I nodded.

"Right this way."

She led us to a booth in the corner, we could still see the street.

We were quiet for a few moments.

"Do you ever regret it? Being with Regulus?"

I almost spit out the coffee she brought us both. 

"I'm sorry, that was out of line." He suddenly backtracked.

I shook my head.

"No it's okay," I sighed. "It's not that I regret it. I've liked him since the Second Year. He and I were best friends. I really did like him, Remus, but his love for blood supremacy just stopped my love, I couldn't be with him anymore and I just had to get away." I explained and he nodded.

"Kelsey, there's something I should tell you." He started to say, but the next moment something happened.

The windows were all blown inward and glass shattered everywhere, Remus and I ducked under the table, not before we got a bit cut up though. Remus wrapped an arm protectively around my shoulder and I loved the feeling of it.

"What the fuck just happened?" I whispered in his ear so no one would possibly hear us.

He shook his head, indicated he didn't know so we waited. I slowly crawled forward a few inches and ducked down to the ground. Looking left and right, I saw nothing. I scooted back and Remus and I sat back to the wall, his arm went around my waist this time and we waited afraid to move.

"I didn't see anyone. No one, no waitresses or waiters. Fuck man, I wanted my breakfast." I whispered in his ear again and he silently chuckled.

He looked at his watch and it as getting close to ten o'clock. Dromeda was probably worried.

Shit, Andromeda. I thought. 

"What do we do?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled, I looked at him confused.

He started to crawl out and I follower behind him. He crawled out from under the table and got into a crouched position. I did the same next to him. We looked around and decided to go to the kitchen since it was the closest to us. We quickly crawled over in case anyone looked through the now busted in windows, making it to the kitchen safely.

We stood up.

"Where is everyone?"

Remus shook his head.

"I don't know but we need to get out of here and find Anromeda. I don't know if we can wait until night to get back to Hogwarts. I've got a bad feeling about this."

We hurried to find a back exit and left the cafe. Hurrying around back to an alley on the side. Police started to finally show up to the scene but instead of looking at the cafe, they were looking at the sky.

Remus and I couldn't really see. The alley was a tight squeeze and my chest was pressed against him. I mean, I wasn't going to complain. 

Wait, what?

"Can you see, Remus?"

"Hold on, I can try." He pressed a little closer to me and looked up at an awkward angle. 

But clearly, he could see now, because the next moment his jaw dropped and he looked afraid.

"Remus? Remus, what is it?" I worriedly asked.

He looked down at me.

"The Dark Mark Kelsey. Voldemort's mark."

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Andromeda

-

-

"Thank you very much," I smiled and thanked the muggle nurse at the counter.

I had been right about me being pregnant, but they walked me through my options and I knew better than to keep a child I couldn't take care of right now. They gave me some sort of pill to take and told me it would terminate my pregnancy.  

Anyway, the nurse smiled back then continued to type away on a weird device. I'll have to meet Kelsey and Remus down the street I suppose. I hope they found a cafe because I'm starving. I left the muggle hospital, and headed to the right. I walked a few blocks and I got the feeling someone was following me. I casually looked behind me as though I was looking for something and I saw two cloaked figures behind me. I just kept walking at my normal pace so it didn't seem like I noticed them. I saw a cute little cafe up ahead and saw Remus and Kelsey in the window. I was about to wave when I felt a blinding pain, then nothing. Everything went black and the last thing I heard was shattering windows, then I was gone.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Remus

-

-

Kelsey and I stayed close for what felt like hours before the police left. I ended up sitting in the alley longways and she sat between my legs with he back against my chest.

I had wrapped my arms around her waist. I loved this feeling. I never wanted it to end.

But alas, once the police cleared out, we slowly made our way back towards the hospital.

"What do you think happened?" Kelsey asked.

"I don't know, but with that Dark Mark, nothing good," I spoke back.

We pasted by some shop with a screen with moving pictures and stopped, it had some information on it.

"Woman killed outside cafe?" I read out loud.

The next moment made my eyes widen and Kelsey cry out.

On the moving screen was a photo of Andromeda.

She was dead.