FOURTEEN

*EDITED*

-

-

James

-

-

I sighed because right now Lily and I had to still act like we always do around one another. She hates me, I love her.

"Bye, Lily!" I called out to her as she left the great hall. 

I could've sworn I saw a hint of a smile on her face, but probably not because that would mean she shows emotion outside of our meetings.

"You know, James. If you weren't such a bully to her best friend, she'd probably date you now."

I almost choked on my breakfast, but I looked up from my plate of half-eaten bacon to see Andromeda and Sirius now looking at me.

"First off, my arrogance makes me ten times sexier," she rolled her eyes at that. "Secondly, that's just who I am, I could possibly dial down on the bullying, but if she can't stand me for being me then, I don't know." I looked at my best friends.

Okay, that came out a lot worse than I thought it would. 

"Padfoot? Moony? What should I do?"

"Stop being a dick, James," Remus said, not even looking up from his book.

Sirius just shrugged, but I knew he wasn't going to say anything.

"Why are we just talking about my love life? Remus!" I said, and his head immediately shot up. "How're things with you? Any girls in line for a piece of the pie?" I teased knowing that would get to him.

"No, James, now let me read." That was a warning from him to stop, but why would I?

"Aw, Moony, have you got yourself a crush?" I fired back and his face got red.

"Enough, James." His voice got higher.

"Weren't you telling Sirius and I about her the other night?" I smirked.

"Wait, there's actually a girl?" Andromeda asked, her eyes going wide.

"No, Dromeda. James, if you don't stop I will take House points from you." He threatened, but I didn't care. 

I'd make them back in a couple of weeks against Hufflepuff in Quidditch.

"Yes, there is a girl, Dromeda. As a matter of fact, she's one of your closest friends." I said and her eyes went even wider.

"That's it, James! Fifty points from Gryffindor for being an arrogant asshole. You're supposed to be my friend." Remus said slamming his book shut.

I didn't get a chance to respond, he put his book in his bag and stormed away from the table and out of the Great Hall. 

Andromeda leaned closer over the table to me.

"He likes, Kelsey?" She asked and I nodded looking smug.

Maybe she can help get them together now.

I was about to respond when Kelsey walked into the Great Hall and looked as if she'd been crying.

"Do not say a word to her. She and Regulus broke up this morning and she's been in the bathroom since we left the common room." Andromeda hissed at Sirius and me.

"Hey." She said, sitting next to Sirius and putting her head on his shoulder.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Sirius

-

-

"Regulas and I broke up this morning, I thought you'd want to know." She told me.

I yanked her into a hug and she sobbed into my shirt. I rubbed her back for her to calm down, we got some looks from a few Gryffindor's and Hufflepuff's I ignored it. Why is it weird to see a Gryffindor comforting a Slytherin, everyone knew we were best friends.

"I did tell you, you could do better didn't I?"

she pulled away from me and glared.

"Right, not a good time. do you want me to get you some stuff from the kitchen? I could maybe ask McGonagall if you can chill with James and I tonight, you know how much she loves us." I smiled a bit at my poor excuse for a joke. 

She didn't even giggle or whatever the hell it is girls do.

"I can't, it's a school night. I've got Potions homework to finish before tomorrow. Thank you though." she wiped her eyes but they were still bloodshot and her nose was puffy.

"Hey, we'll do something tonight, okay Kelsey?" Andromeda said from next to me.

"Listen to me Kelsey. you've broken up with one of the most popular boys in the school. especially amongst Slytherin's. They may start to treat you like an outcast, like Andromeda."

"I don't think Narcissa would ignore me, neither should anyone else I'm friends with, but if they do," she shrugged. "their loss." She got up to leave but hugged me first.

"Thank you for everything Sirius, even though we didn't really talk, it's the thought that counts." She smiled and turned to leave but I told her one last thing.

"You can do better Kelsey, maybe better is right in front of your face." She seemed confused but nodded anyway. 

Waving as she left the Great Hall. I looked at my plate and sighed, I wasn't hungry anymore.

My mind was filled with Kelsey and family issues.

Screw this, I'm going to play Quidditch.

"Hey Dromeda, you up for some Quidditch practice?"