Twenty-Four

Kelsey

-

-

Good. Good, my pupil. Soon, soon you will be ready.

Soon the prophecy will come true:

"In your mind, a truth resides

Clear all thoughts of past behind

Find your way through differences

Your true love is missing it."

I shot up in the bed breaking heavy. Remus was still fast asleep next to me. It had to be nearly dawn. Those words. The prophecy? That voice? Where had I heard that voice before? More importantly why the fuck was I hearing voices? I put a hand to my heart, it was beating fast. I cautiously climbed over Remus to get off the bed. And I not so accidentally ran my hand over his chest. I stopped for a moment.

Scars. Lots of scars ran down the left side of his body. I traced over them, wondering who could've done such a thing.

"Greyback." I snatched my hand back and gasped.

Remus sat up very slowly.

"Fenrir Greyback did this to me. He turned me into this monster." Remus spat, his hand clenched into tight fists.

I grabbed one of his hands and sat on the edge of the bed.

"You're not a monster you know. I don't think you are."

I wanted to know why Greyback had done this to him, but it was his past life and I didn't want to pry.

He just gave me a weak smile.

"We never ate last night." He smirked at me.

I felt my face heat up and I glared at him as he began to laugh.

My temptation to make him regret it is high, but I decided not to. I'd get him back later.

"Is there any way to get a letter to the guys?" I asked him.

He thought for a moment.

"We'd have to get to Diagon Alley."

"Well, let's go."

I stood up and headed toward my bag.

"Kelsey, how're going to get to Diagon Alley? The muggles are after us and I'm sure the Ministry of Magic is too."

"With this."

I pulled a cloak out of my bag.

"I may or may not have snuck this from James a couple of years ago." I nervously laughed.

Remus' eyes went wide.

"His Cloak of Invisibility?"

I nodded.

"Now come on and get clothes on Wolfy. We've got shit to do." I threw his bag I had picked up at him.