THIRTEEN

*EDITED*

Kelsey

-

-

I knew for a fact I was going to get detention for being out long after curfew.

"Ms. Clearwater, do you know why we are going to my office instead of just giving you detention and sending you back to your common room?" Professor Dumbledore asked me.

Oh, okay nevermind then.

"No, sir," I answered in the calmest voice I could muster, but I was very nervous.

We walked up to a gargoyle that I knew was the entrance to his office.

"Acid Pops," he told it and it hopped to the side revealing a staircase. 

We stepped on it and it took us up, I had never been in his office but once in my life and that was when James, Sirius, and I got in major trouble in our first year, however, it looked the same. It was a large and beautiful circular room, full of funny little noises. A number of curious silver instruments stood on spindle-legged tables, whirring and emitting little puffs of smoke. The walls were covered with portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses, all of whom were snoozing gently in their frames. There was also an enormous, claw-footed desk, and, sitting on a shelf behind it, a shabby, tainted wizard's hat the Sorting Hat.

"Please, take a seat, Ms. Clearwater." he gestured to the chair across from his.

"Professor?" I asked, sitting across from him. 

"Yes?"

"Am I in trouble?"

"No, not very much. You will of course have a day's detention with Professor Slughorn for being out after curfew, but we can deal with that later. There is something more important I wish to discuss with you." He stated.

"It has come to the conclusion between, Professor's McGonagall, Slughorn, and I that is, that we need your help."

"Need me? Could you elaborate a little?"

"Yes, of course, we have a plan, and we need you to see it through along with Mr. Lupin," He told me.

Plan, what plan? And Remus is involved too?

"Kelsey, have you ever heard of a group called The Order of The Pheonix?"

"No, sir, I haven't."

"Well my dear, your parents are apart of that group. Now you're too young to join since you cannot use magic yet outside of school. As are Mr. Lupin, Potter, and Black. But, you and Mr. Lupin are the best at magic which is why we are entrusting you both with this." He explained.

He opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a weird looking necklace.

"This is a time-turner," he began. "It sends you back in time to change certain events, given they are done correctly." He handed it to me, "I'm asking you to keep this safe for the next few years."

"But, sir, when will Remus and I need to use it? Is he even aware of this plan? What even is the plan?"

"Kelsey, it is quite late and I would like you to head back to your dorm, however, please tell Remus tomorrow of what we need you both for and show him that." he pointed to the time turner. "The 'plan', in due time, will be explained to you both, but I am sure you will not need it for another three to four years. Now, off to bed." He smiled at me.

I nodded and said goodnight, walking out of his office and down the spiral staircase once again.

What was I supposed to explain to Remus, if I don't even know what the plan is!