Twenty-nine

Remus

-

-

I knew I needed to ask Kelsey to the ball. I needed to, but Christmas Eve was the night of the full moon. I didn't want to make a commitment to her if I couldn't keep it.

So here I was pacing back and forth, thinking of how to ask her.

"Get her alone and ask her. Maybe song her a bit first." Sirius suggested, I glared at him.

"Just tell her mate." James said.

I sighed and sat on the couch. What to do, what to do.

"I don't know." I ran my hand through my hair.

"Just ask her."

I sighed and stood up.

"How? I don't want to hurt her by not being able to go."

"Go. Jesus man don't make this any harder." James spoke.

I finally nodded and left the common room.

I took the map and used it to find her, she was sitting in the library. I walked in and saw her sitting by the window, the sun giving her hair a natural glow.

"Kelsey?" I spoke to her.

"Hey." She smiled widely at me, and kissed me when I sat down, which caused me to have a smile on my face.

That is until I remembered why I was here.

"What's wrong?"

"The full moon is the night of the dance." I blurted out.

She raised and eyebrow at me.

"I know."

"What?"

"I know it is, and I know that's why you haven't asked me, I asked Dumbledore to move it to the next day, however you're still not going."
She told me.

"I- you- we- what?"

She just smiled and shook her head.

"You're not going to the dance with me and I'm not going at all." She told me.

"Why not?"

"I'm staying here at the school, but everyone else is leaving. I figured the day before your 'problem' we can have some fun," she had an evil glint in her eye.

"Define fun?" I hesitantly asked.

"You and me alone in a dorm room?" She suggested and I felt my face heat up.

"Oh." I averted my eyes.

She laughed and I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"I'm just joking, unless you want to? I mean I'll probably be super awkward and laugh the whole time but." She shrugged.

I shrugged to, not knowing what to say.

Then I smiled.

"I've got a plan. Dress warm the night before the full moon." Then I kissed her cheek and walked out of the library.

I had a lot to do.