Tell Me What To Do About You

Maya's Point of View
I can't explain the feeling I get when I'm near him. I'm too scared to open up and tell him how I feel. I've felt vulnerable one to many times with my dad, and I'm not wanting to feel the same vulnerability with Lucas or any other guy. 

I need a guy like Lucas in my life, but there's no point in chasing after him. He likes Riley, and I don't want to hurt her. She's like the sister I have never had but always wanted, I would never do anything to hurt her.

To hide my feeling for Lucas I try and cover them with insults like Huckleberry or Ranger Rick. I just need to keep hiding my feelings until they disappear or when Riley realizes her and Lucas are nothing more than brother and sister.

"Hey Maya" Lucas called across the hall. The way he says my name makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Ah Maya! Stop it! "Have you seen Riley, I need to talk to her."

Of course he wants Riley, that's how it's always been.

"Does Ranger Rick want to go ask Riley to square dance with him?" I said in a joking matter.

"No I need to talk to her about us." Lucas has never looked so serious before, from the time he first stepped on the subway till now, I don't know if I should be concerned for Riley or for myself.

"She is with her dad in the classroom."

"Okay thanks" Lucas then left my locker and headed to Mr.Matthews classroom.

Man, why is it that he is the guy I want.