Be Safe

Lucas' Point of View
"At least let me go with you," I whispered into her ear as I lightly held her waist from behind.

"Okay..." She said as she opened the house door.

                                            *                  *                  *                   *

Maya and I walked downstairs, we followed the sound of Katie's crying and Kermit's yelling.

"You sure you can do this?" I asked her before we went down the last stair.

"I don't know..." She paused, tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and stood up straight. "But I have to try." As she took the final step down the staircase.

                                      *                      *                      *                    *

"Hi dad" She said staring down at the ground.

"Hi Maya," He replied. "Looks like you brought back your bodyguard."

"I'm her boyfriend, it's my number one priority to keep her safe," I said sternly. "Unlike you who seems to think you can leave and then come back years later to hurt these girls more!"

"What makes you think you can talk to me like that?" He said clenching his fists beginning to approach me.

"Every man needs to hear that you should NEVER hurt a women, physically or emotionally." I paused. "Sorry but you needed to hear it the most."

The last thing I remember was a fist moving at full speed towards my eye sending me to the ground.

I blacked out completely.

                                          *                    *                   *                    *

"Where am I?" I asked slowly opening my eyes.

"Your still at my house, your just in my bedroom." Maya said stroking my head gently with a damp cloth.

"Oh..." I said sitting up from Maya's bed. I looked in the mirror infront of me to notice that Kermit gave me a black eye. "Shot."

"Do you need ice?" Maya asked looking me in the eyes. "Because I can go get you some if you want."

"I think I'm okay..." I said smiling at her. "But thank you."

"Okay, well I'll be back... Stay here."

"Be safe." I said as she kissed my forehead then left.

I hope she won't get hurt. I will kill that man if he lays a hand on her.

**********************************************************************************

I honestly don't know who to love more Book Lucas or Book Farkle, there both so sweet and are sexy to. So I mean dating material right there.

What do you think Maya is going to do/say to her father?