Did I Just Say That Aloud?

Lucas's Point of View
I've never seen Maya cry before.

I didn't know that I meant so much to her.

When I held her, I turned into her shield. I want to always protect her.

"Thank you Lucas." She hugged me, but I hugged her back harder.

"No need to thank me, it's my pleasure."

"It scares me to think I might actually love you..." She said as she put her head in between my neck and my shoulder.

"Don't be scared, because I feel the same way." I whispered into her ear.

"Can I start by saying I heart you." She asked.

"Sure, but I'm going to start by saying I love you." She blushed after I said that.

"I'm scared."

"I know you are, but I'm here to protect you." I kissed the top of her head.

                                               *                 *                *                *

"Are you guys ready to show the rest of your presentation?" Mr.Matthews asked.

We all got up and walked to the front of the classroom to finish act 1 scene 1.

"Godspeed, fair Helena, whither away?" Maya said to Riley as Hermia.

"You call me 'fair'? Demetrius loves your fair. O happy fair! You sway the motion of Lucas' heart!" Riley yelled angrily to Hermia as Helena.

"What did you just say?" Maya asked breaking out of character.

"Did I say that out loud?" Riley asked sounding embrassed.

Now I know why Maya said 'Oh boy' in the first place.

"I thought you said you were chill about me dating Lucas?" Maya yelled back.

"I thought I was, but seeing you guys together... made me realize ... that I guess I miss him more than I thought I would" She looked down at the floor.

"Riley, I'm dating Maya." I said.

"And Riley you're dating me, how can you be liking another guy while dating me?" Charlie looked disappointment and frustrated. 

"It's just that Charlie, Lucas was my first kiss and my first date." Riley tried to explain.

"Mr.Matthews?" I asked. "I'm concerned."

"Let's just see how this goes..." Mr.Matthews didn't sound sure of himself.

"Riley! How could you lie to me?" Maya asked.

"Maya, I'm sorry... I don't know what I got myself into." Riley said.

"I don't know if 'sorry' is going to fix things this time Riles" Maya responded.

"I'm sorry, I have to go" Riley ran off crying and Farkle chased after her.

"I guess Shakespeare seriously did come to life." Mr.Matthews suggested.

**********************************************************************************

How am I do so far?

Do you guys like it?

What has been your favourite chapter?

Let me know in the comments, I'd really like to know what you think.