Life's Never Going to Be The Same

Riley's Point of View
I'm happy for Maya, but I lost Lucas, I know I told him I wanted to be friends, but I wasn't thinking.

I want him back. But there's no use now. He's with Maya. And I'm with Charlie.

Life is different now.

But I think she needs Lucas more than I do.

So I'm putting down my shield, it's best for her.

I had my first date and my first kiss with him, as much as I don't want to, it's time for me to let go.

                                                    *               *              *              *

"Maya, Zay, Farkle, Riley and Lucas, take this class period to ask questions about the book" He paused. "This book has a lot of back and forth, it's hard to keep up with it, so please, ask away."

"How does Hermia deal with the lost of her one true love?" I asked.

"She believes he was dead, until she saw him chasing her best friend, then she chased Lysander." My dad explained. "She didn't get her way, until magic came in to save the day, who is your magic? Who will come and save you?"

Who will come save me? I don't have Lucas anymore... I have Charlie, but he is no Lucas.

                                                 *               *               *              *

Once I got home, I went to my bedroom and I sat on my bae window all alone.

I took out my phone and texted someone, someone who has always and will always be there for me.

Riley: Hey, are you able to come over.
Farkle: Of course. I would do anything for you.

Three minutes later, he climbed through my window.

"What's wrong?" Farkle asked.

"I still like Lucas, but Maya is dating him, what should I do?"

He gave me a hug and said. "All you can do is wait, I've been waiting since kindergarten for you and Maya, but instead I got Smackle."

"So your saying there's plenty of fish in the sea." I'm so confussed.

"Give it time, that's my best advice I have to give." He gave me a half smile and then left.

"Thanks Farkle."