Constellations

Lucas' Point of View
I wanted to go over to Riley's house to check on Maya, though I really had nothing to worry about, she is in good hands.

But I mean I also wanted to go over there to invite her out for a walk.

"So Maya, I was wondering if you would like to join me in a midnight stroll." I asked smiling towards Maya.

"Sure Huckleberry," She glanced over at Riley who was giving me a dirty look. "Is that okay with you Riles."

"Of course, you guys have fun." Riley said forcing a smile on her face.

"Alright thanks." Maya smiled as her and I walked out the window.

                                                *              *             *              *
We ended up walking to a empty football field, we both wanted to star gaze and it just so happens that I knew where the perfect spot is.

I just probably earned some major brownie points there.

"I love how every star connects to each other perfectly making a constellation, but there's others who are apart and there fine... I mean though my mother and I are alone, we have and always will be fine." Maya said as she began lying down on the grass so she could see the stars better. What Maya just said was so true, it's as if it came out of Shakespeare mouth.

It was beautiful.

"Maya," I said.

"Yea?" She asked while she turned to face me.

"Do you ever miss having a father in your life?" I asked.

"Well not after what happened today," She chuckled. "But I used to feel like our family was incomplete without a father."

"Oh." I said starring up at the stars.

"But to be honest, I don't think I will ever need him in my life, I have Shawn. My mom likes him, Riley's family loves him, especially Mr.Matthews and I love him. He is a father figure to me and he is all I need." She smiled.

"Are you scared?" I asked her.

"Scared of what?" She said. "Scared of my dad going after my mom, scared he's going to find me, scared he could find you and harm you?" She paused. "Yes I'm scared, more like terrified."

I roll over closer to her. "Are you less scared now that I'm here?"

"Yea, thats why you can never leave me." She laughed as she gave me a kiss.

DING!

Her phone went off, hopefully it's her mom telling her it's safe to go home. Or at least her mom saying she's safe.

Maya sat up to check her phone, I looked over her shoulder to read the message.

And since I was already there, I decided to kiss her on the check, just because.

I could feel her smile.

Her phone read:

Riley: Hey your mom called to check up on you. We told her you were out with Lucas, she said she would call back in ten minutes. So... you may want to come home :)
Maya: On my way.

"I'll walk you back." I smiled.

"Okay." She whispered in my ear.

I helped her up and we walked back together... Well I walked, she wanted me to give her a piggyback all the way home.

**********************************************************************************

What did you think?

Isn't Lucas so adorable?

Are you guys excited for Girl Meets the Forgiveness Project this Friday?

I know I am.

By the way, I can't believe I am at 1000 views on this book, I am so happy you guys are liking the book.

Please comment your opinions I would love to hear them.