Courage

Maya's Point of View
This is something I've always wanted to do, but never had the courage.

"Kermit," I said quietly, he didn't hear me. "KERMIT!" I yelled, he turned around and his face was as red as a fire truck.

I think all of New York heard me that time.

"What?" He yelled back.

My mom was in the corner of the room lightly sobbing.

"Why do you keep coming back?"

"Because I would like to be some how involved with my daughters life." He said.

"Well your not doing a great job at that one.." My mom chuckled.

Kermit shot a dirty look in my moms direction.

"If you wanted to be in my life then why didn't you stay in the first place?" A tear rolled down my face. "You left me for another family. You were involved with there life... But not mine, that was you choice not mine!"

"Maya, I...." He trailed off.

"Mom and I were left here to rot! And you think you can come back now in an attempt to be in my life. Sorry but your job has been filled by someone who is closer to me than you will ever be. You missed my 14th birthday, he was there you weren't. He deserves to be in my life, you don't. You had your chance but you blew it." I cried.

"I'm sorry Maya" He said with a couple tears escaping from his eyes.

"Sorry won't cut it this time Kermit." I whispered.

"Don't you mean dad?" He replied.

I shock my head.

He grabbed his things and left.

"Maya" My mom smiled. "You conquered your fears, you did something I could never do." She said giving me a hug.

"I did" I smiled hugging her back. "I'm going to go to bed, okay?"

"Alright hun, sweet dreams."

"Oh before I do, can Lucas sleepover?" I asked.

"Of course he can, he's always welcome to stay." She paused. "I think I'm going to invite some company over myself too."

**********************************************************************************

You go Glen Coco! (Mean girls is my fav movie btw... Well one of them)

Maya did something I wouldn't even be able to do.

Who do you think Katie is going to invite over? (But I think it's pretty obvious... Or is it?)