Of Course

Riley's Point of View
Once Maya and I arrived at my house, my mom gave me a questioning look.

"I thought you two were fighting?" My mom asked.

"We were, but ring power was strong enough to hold us together." I smiled "Now I'm not alone in Rileytown."

"As long as I don't have to ride a unicorn or wear a dress in Rileytown, then I will be good." Maya joked.

"Bae window?" I suggested.

"Sure why not." Maya shrugged.

"Let's go talk about boys and paint are nails!" I said while doing jazz hands.

We then skipped down the hall and approached my bedroom.

"It's nice to be back Riles" She said.

"It's nice to have you back, I've been too lonely without you." I replied.

"So..." I said as I grabbed a yellow nail polish off my dresser for myself and a red for Maya. "How are you and Lucas?"

"I told him I loved him..." She looked down at her feet avoiding eye contact with me.

"Awe Maya, that's amazing that you found a guy." I beamed.

"I've never felt so safe near a guy then what I do with Lucas." She admitted. "But enough about Lucas and I, How are you and Charlie?"

I was hoping that subject wouldn't come up into topic.

"Um, I honestly don't know. We haven't talked since the first act." I frowned.

"Text him!" She convinced.

"I would, but I don't think he would answer..." I doubted.

"Give me your phone." She demanded as I handed her my phone. I know she's going to message him, it's better her to then me.

Riley: Hey Charlie...
Charlie: If we are going to talk I'd prefer it to be in person.
Riley: Okay, when are you free to talk?
Charlie: Tomorrow after school.
Riley: Okay.

"Your welcome." She said as she put down my phone and began to paint her nails.

* * * *

Maya and I have been non-stop talking for about an hour or so, and I must admit, I miss talking to her. Two days is too long to not talk to your best friend.

"So then I was like.." Maya then got interrupted by knocking at the bae window. I glanced over, of course it was Lucas.

I just wanted a nice girls night with Maya to celebrate our friendship being restored, but no he had to come ruin it.

"Hey Maya" He smiled. "Riley."

"Hey Ranger Roy." She smiled back in a flirtatious way.

Yuck.