His Personal Punching Bag.

Riley's Point of View
Being up in front of the class performing that scene, was so incredibly hard for me.

I felt like his own personal punching bag.

"What's going on Riley, is everything okay?" My dad asked me.

I lifted me head up from my desk and replied. "Ever since the day I messed up on my lines Charlie and I haven't been able to talk things out... We were going to tonight, but after what happened today I feel like it's not going to help any thing." I paused and took a deep breath. "Everyone has someone to march threw life with; you have mom, Auggie has Ava, Maya has Lucas and Farkle has Smackle. I, however, am forced to walk threw life all alone."

"Riley," He said looking me dead in the eyes. "You aren't alone, you don't need a boyfriend you are only 14. If you get one, then that's great for you. But you don't need one, you have great friends and a family who loves you, boyfriends are just like that extra shot of espresso in your coffee, they are nice, but you don't need them."

"Thanks daddy." I said trying to put a smile on my face then I put my head back down onto my desk.

My dad then smiled and then left to go to the staff room to get his briefcase.

                                          *                  *                  *                   *

Okay it's four o'clock... let's do this, it's now or never.

I grabbed my jacket and opened the door.

"Good luck." My dad yelled across the room.

"Thanks, I really need it." I responded as I closed the door behind myself.

* * * *

As I approached the park, there was no sign of Charlie.

I'm sure he'll show up, I mean it is only 4:15.

I decided to just sit on the park bench until he shows up.

* * * *

It's now 5:31.

It's official, I was stood up.

Tears started running down my face, I never would have thought Charlie would do something like that to me or any girl for that matter.

Riley: Hey, can you or dad come pick me up.
Topanga: Sure honey, where are you?
Riley: I'm at the park.
Topanga: I will be there in five minutes.
Riley: Thanks mom.

Five minutes went by and there she was, I quickly wiped up my tears and got into her car.

"What's wrong?" She said in an empathetic tone.

"Nothing's wrong, why would you think that?" I said trying to hide the truth.

"Riley, I'm a lawyer, I see past the fibs. Also you have marks on the sleeves of your jacket..." She paused. "Plus moms know these kind of things."

"Charlie stood me up." I said as tears slowly began to roll down my face.

"Riley, honey, I'm so sorry for you." She said hugging me. "I'd love to stay and talk things out but I have to go home and get ready for worked." She said as she started the car up and began to drive. "One more thing, Maya's out with her mom and Shawn, they decided to go out to see a movie, so could you watch Auggie for me?" She asked.

"Sure, where's dad?" I wondered.

"He's going to a staff meeting once you get home. So it will just be you and your brother. Please stay out of trouble while I'm gone." She replied.

"Sure thing."

She stopped at the end of our driveway. "Bye sweetie I love you." She yelled.

"Love you too." I said, then I closed the door and walked up the drive way.

**********************************************************************************

What did you think of Cory's advice to Riley?

How would you feel if you got stood up by Charlie?

What did you think of this chapter? Don't be shy, let me know in the comments.

Also please vote if you enjoyed this chapter.

A big thank you to all my viewers, I dont know I feel you deserve to be thanked. I didn't think my book would do this well. So thanks :)