Chapter 2: It's all true

"You are not safe here," she said worriedly "let's go to your house and talk to your parents", she claimed as she started to walk towards the apartment building. "They shouldn't be home at this time so come back later." I wanted that goat legged girl to go away, but she stared straight at me, not saying a word. I walked past her as she followed me all the way back to my family's apartment. I opened the door where my brother ,Gabe, was there playing games as usual. My older brother Gabe is tan, with eyes like mine but darker, his hair black and short. He is a very charming good fellow, always hanging around with other people. He was there playing while my cousin was looking at facebook.
He turned to me and the goat girl and said,"Who is she" he winked to me,"New friend?" As I turn to see the goat girl, I see she had pants on and fake feet. I whispered to her, "What is your name," and she whispered back, "Jill." "Her name is Jill." I exclaimed as Jill and I went into my room and started again, "So..." I mumbled."What are you exactly," I asked, "We are satyr," she might have sensed that I was uncomfortable and confused because then she explained, "We are goat people who protect demigods that are in trouble, so you can say I am your Mary Poppins," I was completely stunned, "but I thought those...things are in ancient Greece, we're in the United States.How is that possible?" she seemed calm while explaining all of this information. "Ancient greece moves with the western civilization trail, and the monsters come back to life from tartarus about 100 maybe even a 1,000 years after you kill them." I was stunned "So that monster-" "an echidna" "yeah that, is not coming back until 100 years?" I asked "That is correct, but that echidna is actually a country one from texas, there will be many more that you must fight. Also they only come when a person scent is really-" she started mumbling and In my head I knew this girl was crazy. Me, a fighter. I could barely go down the stairs today.
When Jill finished that sentence, my brother came in to check on us looked at us and shrugged it off. Jill stood up and faced my brother, I understand girls stare at him but her face was stern. She grabbed his shoulder, spins him around, and sits him down. I was laughing so hard that my stomach started hurting. "W-what is going on" my brother stammered. "Jill is just telling me about ancient greece and that the gods are real" "Olive you know those things aren't real they're all made up." I heard a click at the door and a huge "Hello" which of course was my mom. Jill sprinted out the room to greet my mom. I could see in her eyes concern when Jill and her started to whisper. "What do you think they are talking about," I asked, concerned "probably just more ancient stuff," said Gabe. Apparently mom heard us and said "No it's not about that it's about something more dangerous that will be coming in your future."