Chapter 4: Goodbye Home, Hello camp

Mom came in and said she would help me pack. " Do you think there will be bugs out there" "No sweetie nothing get in there unless the camp director want to". I paused for a moment "Can I bring Fiona please". Mom looked at my favorite stuffed animal and sighed "I guess so, pack all your clothes" she looked sad "Mom are you going to come with us at camp?" I asked worriedly. "I can't the camp is only for demigods not mortals" she looked as if this was the last time she'd see me. Was it? Will I ever see my mother again? "Will you and dad be safe when we are gone" mom got up and kissed my forehead. The kiss lingered and I could feel my mom crying, "Are you alright mom?" "Yes I am I will see you in our new house when you finish camp ok?" I love my mom I really do, but maybe going to this camp will help me protect her better. "Ok" me and mom hugged and continue to pack. When dad woke me up, it was probably 1 in the morning, I put my clothes on and went to go eat breakfast. After that I continue sleeping in the car. I had a dream that I was running after someone but I could never catch them. Monsters where everywhere I tried to fight them off but they continued to chase me, then I lost the person all the monsters  attacked me. I heard a deep voice underneath me chuckling, and I woke up with a start. When I looked out the window all I can see was clouds, I don't mind flying but I felt like someone was looking at me, and that they hate me for flying in this plane. Next to me eating a plastic cup was Jill and next to her was Gabe, Jill looked at me strange "What? Do I have something on my face?" Jill didn't respond, but I noticed a reed pipe around her neck. "What is that," finally she went out of her daze and said "This is just a reed pipe that we make music to control the plants, we saturas are very nature like" "Will you tell me more about those monsters and this camp, and these demigods that we will meet" "of course. With monsters well there will be some monsters that will turn good, but it is not good to say their names especially when you didn't battle them or if you are unprotected, names are very powerful. The camp that we are going to is camp half-blood, it is best for kids like you, don't worry." I hated when people say don't worry, it made me feel like I can't do anything. I look down at the clothes I was wearing. I was wearing my favorite ripped jeans a blue vest with no sleeves and a hoodie, sneakers (like always), and a shirt with a taco and burger talking. Gabe was sleeping like he does during planes. He was wearing converse, a vest hoodie too, jeans, a cool pink shirt and sunglass. I wish I had sunglass, it was bright here in NY. Jill continued with the explanation "the camp is secured by a tree that used to be a demigod. Her name was Thalia, she was the daughter of Zeus. Anyways my little brother tried to save her and 2 more, but only 2 out of 3 demigods survived. Thalia was turned to a tree to protect the camp from everything except demigods. Let us talk about demigods, most demigods don't get claimed by their godly parent, so they just stay in hermes cabin until they do. Usually doesn't until you do something worthy. In other facts,most demigods have either dyslexia or ADHD, but to me you seem you only have a ADHD." I looked at what she was looking at and saw my foot tapping like it usually does that I can't stop it, and when I do it doesn't feel right. Through the intercom was the pilot and he said, "We will be arriving to long Island in a minute so please buckle in your seatbelts." Everyone did and this flight attendant was looking to see if everyones seat belt was on, when she came to us she looked at me and smiled. It is in my blood to smile or wave back to a person even if it was for a different person, so naturally I smiled back. I looked at Jill again and saw that she was wearing her green tank top, jeans, and fake feet.