Chapter 7: Time we get to eat

When we got there our counselor was having everyone in a single file line. I saw Jake outside of the door and walked over to him. "Hey why are you here," "For dinner" right when he said,that like on cue,a conch shell blew in the distance. We walked out with the other kids coming out of their own cabins.Every one except for 1,2,3, and 8 which was glowing when the moon was rising.Jake walked me over to the mess hall for Dinner."Where should I sit," I asked, he pointed to the longest table and there was percy sitting with half his buttcheck on the bench."Over there with the hermes kids," when he finish saying that he walked to his table while waving to me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I swear I almost jumped to Zeus realm. I looked over and saw my big bro "Gabe are you going to sit with me" "I can't I got claimed look" he pointed to over his head and there was a glowing red  spear. "Ares" I mouthed. "Yep so I sit with the Ares kids" "Oh, well I have to sit with the Hermes even if I know he isn't my dad. Also say 'hi' to clarissa for me because she is your new counselor," he groaned, and changed the subject " Listen, Ollie he will find you someday, I promise," and with that I was left alone to walk all the way over to the Hermes table. I sat in front of percy who was eating. I saw a lot,tree nymphs,satyrs, and naiads coming out to eat with us. Chiron stomped his hoof and everyone got silent. He said "to the gods" and rise his cup. Everyone did the same thing, wood nymphs came in with platters of food. I sat down next to a tall and muscular guy,he looked over at me like he knew what I wanted. "Say what you want to drink and it will appear." I looked at the empty glass and said " sweet ice-tea", and guess what,it actually appear with little bubbles! I took a little sip and it tasted just like my mom makes. The guy next to me gave me a platter of ribs, "Oh thanks," I said sheepish. The guy next to me said "You have to go up to the hearth and drop some food for the gods," "Oh," I walked over to the hearth and saw people throw the best part of food in the hearth. I heard little whispers of people thanking one of the gods. I dumped the sweetest grapes, the most garlic part of the bread, the best part of the brisket, and said, "If you are out there please let me see you," I walked back to the table to finish my food. Percy head turned toward me and said "So how do you know my feelings," "I have that power I can feel everyones emotion if they are 17 or younger" "Hey maybe you're mom could be Hebe the goddess of youth" "I think I need a man because I have a mortal mom, but maybe she possessed my mom" I had an evil look on my face, had my hands up and wiggling my fingers, with my cheeks puffed up full of food. We both laughed at that face.I took a huge bite and it tasted so good. "you must like blue," I said looking at his coke, "Hehehe yeah me and my mom... used to make a joke about it," he looked back at his food like it was suddenly interesting. "You don't mind if I tell you something," I asked him, he looked up and said "shoot" " I had a vision that you killed a monster. Is that true?" He looked at his food again, he started deeply into my eyes and I looked deeply into his blue-ish-green eyes and something clicked in my head. "do you think we could be half-siblings" "I would like that" we smiled at each other. Until a man that was short and stubby, he looks like any alcohol addicted person would look like if they hadn't had it for years.He stood at the front of all of us and said "I guess I should introduce myself. I am Dionysus blah blah blah and here are 3 new campers Olix and Gabriela Paige, and Peter watson," Chiron whispered something in his ear and Dionysus said "I mean Percy Jackson, Oliva and Gabriel Paz," he continued with his speech, "Friday we will be playing capture the flag, but today we will be having s'mores. Yay." Everyone finished their food and walked to the middle of the cabins.
Me and Percy walked to the middle of the cabin area when Percy asked me, "What is your sword called," I went to my necklace and touched the emerald on the golden heart next to my golden O, and my sword appeared in my hand. "Her name is Killzer, what is your sword name called?" "I don't have a sword yet," "Oh" I said. We had s'mores and music from the Apollo kids and everyone was laughing and and dancing all together. The other days went like any normal day would go. I was liking this camp every moment I was there.The cabin 11 instructor was teaching our cabin about how to fight. Jake was teaching me about the greek gods and about the ancient heros.Campers tried to teach me other hobbies, but the only things I am good at was poetry, , canoeing, swimming in general, and ice sculpting. I felt like I didn't fit in just right, but I did feel like I was with people that understood me.In the morning fog, afternoon strawberry scent, and in the night time I hear the howl of monsters in the forest. It was thursday 1 day before capture the flag. I am not good with sports, but when it comes to sneaking around I am good at that. In the fight class our counselor was teaching us how to slash,block,and stab. We practiced with straw dummies until our counselor said we had to work with other kids. I got the kid that I sit next to when we all eat. He was too fast for me, I tried to slash, he moved. I tried to block, he was already hitting me. We finally finished to get some water, and thank goodness because I was exhausted. I saw percy pouring some water over his head.I thought that was a good idea yet I didn't do it. Our counselor called for everyone to make a circle and watch him do a move that is too long to say. At first I thought that percy was going down, but that changed when Percy felt stronger and knocked the sword out of luke's hand. Everyone was quiet until I said "Beginers luck," everyone was still quiet until the counselor said "Show me that move again,"I felt that percy was losing his energy, and this time the counselor took Percy sword out his hand.The day had gone like any other, but finally it was friday. The day of capture the flag.