Water Doesn't Wash Away Everything (Zack Merrick)

The first story I'm updating from my Quizilla! I love this story so hopefully you will too. :)

~~~~~~

She tugged on her luggage to get it off the belt at the airport. A sigh escaped her lips as she set it on the ground.

Alex better be thankful for this. Ever since Alex called Megan she had almost been dreading coming to visit him.

“Oh come on! Please come visit me!” he had begged through the web cam.

“I don’t know Alex,” she said warily. “I’ve never been to the States before.”

“So it’s a perfect time to come!”

“But-“

“Look, Meg, you’ve been one of my best friends since I don’t know how long. I haven’t seen you in person in years. You did say you would come visit me someday!”

“Yea, someday! I don’t know if now is the best time for that though.”

After countless minutes of Alex persuading her into coming to the United States, she agreed. So, here she was. She was no longer in her comfortable home in England but in a busy airport. Megan pulled her luggage behind her before stopping and sitting on a bench where it was some-what quiet. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed Alex’s number.

Hello?

“Hey, where are you?” she asked with her thick English accent.

“Coming to get you, der.”

“Well, I kinda figured that,” she said laughing softly. “I’m sitting on some random bench and I’m also looking for you.”

Ok...uh…oh, wait, I see you!” He hung up before she replied. She stood up on her tippy-toes, trying to find Alex.

“Meg!” She turned around and a bright smile formed on her face.

“Alex, oh my goodness!” He ran to her and tackled her into a hug, almost making her fall to the floor. She laughed and held on to him tightly. He pushed her back by the shoulders to look at her.

“Holy crap! You’re old!”

“You’re older than me!”

“So? I’m too awesome to be old. Eh, but then again so are you. BUT YOU’RE STILL OLD!”

She laughed and shook her head slowly at her friend she hadn’t seen in person in so long. “That was almost compliment.”

He laughed and grabbed the handle of one of her suitcases and threw the strap of one of her bags over his shoulder. She grabbed her other suitcase and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

“So how was mi little buddy’s flight?” he asked in a fake Irish accent.

“Alex, I’m not Irish. You should know that by now,” she laughed. “It was good, long, but good.”

“That’s what she said,” he sang. Meg hit his arm jokingly and shook her head.

“You’re still as perverted I see.”

“Oh, please, you already knew that, it’s not like we haven’t talked for years. Besides, you haven’t heard anything yet. Wait till you meet Jack.”

“When will I get to meet your mates?”

“You make it sound like I’m having sex with them.”

“Ok, when will I get to meet your band mates, friends, lads, whatever you want to call them?”

“Soon,” he chuckled. “We can head over there now if you want.” She glanced down at her stomach.

“Mind getting food first?” He laughed and shook his head.

“No, I don’t mind.” 

“Good, because I’m starving.”