Chapter 19

Zack looked at the girl sleeping soundly in his arms. He smiled as she stirred slightly and cuddled closer to his chest. He stroked Megan’s cheek and kissed her nose then forehead.

“I love you,” he whispered with his lips still against her forehead. He looked down at her sleeping face and sighed. If only he had the guts to say it to her when she was actually awake.

Zack had never felt this way towards any other girl before. He loved Megan, he did, but he was completely fretting the day that she has to go back home. He had heard all of these stories about how long distance relationships never worked.

He pushed away a thought that he knew would never be possible. Megan wouldn’t stay here to be with him while all of her other friends and family were across a whole ocean. Would she?

Megan drew in a big breath as she woke up. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled up at Zack.

“Good morning,” she said softly as she kissed Zack’s jaw.

“Good morning,” he whispered back. He paused and stared down at Megan. “Can I tell you something?” 

“Of course,” she whispered laying her head against his chest. Zack took a deep breath and licked his lips.

Say it. Just tell her. You can do it. Zack said to himself. Meg looked up at him once he wasn’t saying anything.

“What is it?”

He smiled slightly and shook his head.

“Nothing. I was just thinking about you is all.” He wasn’t lying. Technically. He would tell her later, when the time was better.

He smiled wider and cupped her cheek. “You are so beautiful.”

Megan smiled and kissed his lips. “Thank you. I was thinking about you too actually.”

“Really?” he said tickling her sides.

“Mmhmm,” she said trying to keep her laughter in.

Zack’s face fell when he heard the bus door open. He listened closer and heard talking in the front lounge. He sighed and sat up. He had forgotten about the rest of the guys. Good thing him and Megan had been talking in whispers.

Megan pulled on a tank top as Zack pulled on boxers and shorts. He got out of the bunk so it would be easier for Megan to get dressed. He went into the front lounge and saw Matt and Rian watching tv.

“Hey man,” Matt nodded at Zack.

“Hey.”

“Where’s Megan?”

“Right here,” she said entering the front lounge. She smiled at them and sat down next to Zack. He wrapped his arm around her and brought her closer.

“Do we play today?” Zack asked.

“Not ‘til later tonight.” Zack nodded and looked over at Megan. She moved her eyes from the tv to catch Zack’s glance.  He just smiled and kissed her temple.

***

The guys left the stage with their fans screaming. Zack went to where Megan stood but then hesitated.

“What?” she asked as he just stood there looking at her.

“I’m not sure if I should hug you or not.”

“What?” she repeated.

“I’m really sweaty,” he chuckled. She laughed and circled her arms around him.

“I don’t care,” she said before kissing him. He smiled and ran his hands up and down her arms.

“I was thinking that maybe we could go on a date tonight?” Zack looked at her with a hopeful smile.

“How do you have a date at Warped Tour?”

“I’ll figure it out.”

“Ok then. I would love to go on a date with you.” He smiled then kissed her briefly on the lips.

“But now I have to go and get ready. Meet me at the swings?” he asked letting go of her but still holding her hands.

“Yea.” Zack smiled and kissed the top of her hand before walking away. Megan smiled as she watched him walking away but only to be stopped by a girl about 15. Megan looked at the girl’s skirt and something occurred to her.

The only bottoms she had on this tour were jeans, shorts, and sweats. She realized that she had no idea what to wear tonight.

Someone that Megan knew for sure would have a dress popped into her head. VickyT.