Chapter 18

Alex kneeled down next to Meg who was sleeping on the couch.

“Meg!” he yelled in a whispered. She groaned and moved to her side, facing the couch.

“Meg, wake up.”

“Why?” she grumbled.

“Party!” he yelled. She sat up and looked over at the clock it was four o’clock in the afternoon.

“Alex, it’s only four o’clock.”

“Yea, but you’re girl.”

“I already know this. What does it have to deal with a party?”

He shrugged. “Girls usually take hours to get ready.”

“Alex, you know me. You should know that I don’t take hours to get ready.”

“Oh, well. And you were the one that said I should start giving better notice about things,” Alex pointed out. Megan threw a pillow at him but he caught it and laughed. Zack came onto the bus and sat down next to Meg.

“There’s a party at Cobra Starship’s bus tonight. Do you want to go?” he asked her.

“See, Alex, he asks nicely,” Megan said to Alex then looked at Zack. “Yea, sounds fun.”

Zack smiled and stood up, kissing Megan’s forehead.

***

“Meggy!” Alex exclaimed as she got out of the bus. She groaned.

“I have told you to not call me that haven’t I?”

“Yep,” he said popping the ‘p’.

Zack laughed softly and grabbed Megan’s hand. When they got close to the bus they could hear the music blasting from it. Alex opened the door and they went inside. They burst out laughing when they saw Jack dancing on top of the couch with a bottle in his hand.

“Guys! Hey!” Gabe yelled and stumbled over to them.

“Wow Gabe, we just got here and you’re already drunk out of your mind,” Alex laughed.

“Heck yea!” he yelled back and pumped his fist in the air.

“What something to drink?” Zack asked Meg in her ear.

“No, I’m going to pass, thanks,” she said back over the music.

“Megan darling!” Meg looked over and saw Vicky coming over to her. “How are things?”

“Good. How about you?”

“Great!”

Jack came over at slung his arms around Meg’s shoulder. “She’s mine!” he yelled.

Vicky only laughed and walked away. Meg pushed Jack’s shoulders off gently and went to find Zack. He was leaning against the wall and Megan snaked her arms around him. He smiled and kissed her lips briefly.

“Did I mention you look beautiful?” he said lowly in her ear. She smiled.

“No, I don’t think you did,” she laughed softly.

“Well you do.”

“Thank you.” He smiled down at her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Do you want to get out of here?” he asked. She smiled and nodded. Zack smiled back at her and grabbed her hand, starting to pull her towards the front of the bus. Gabe suddenly came behind Megan and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her towards him. Her hand slipped from Zack’s and he turned around.

“Dance with me Meg!” Gabe cheered a little too loudly into Meg’s ear. She quickly pulled away from him.

“Sorry, Gabe, maybe another time,” she said grabbing Zack’s hand again. Gabe pouted but quickly recovered and began dancing again.

 Zack caught Alex’s glance and Alex smirked but didn’t say anything. Zack squeezed Megan’s hand and smiled down at her as they exited the bus.

He lifted Megan in his arms, leading her to yelp slightly from surprise. He chuckled and brought his lips to hers.