Chapter 13

“Alex? Hello?” Megan called out once she opened the front door. “Why are the lights off?”

“SURPISE!” everyone yelled once the lights went up. Megan laughed and looked at everyone. The were British flags hung up, soccer on the tv, and the Beatles were playing.

“Hello love,” Alex said in a British accent. He handed her a cup of tea. She noticed he was wearing a Big Ben t-shirt.

“Did you do all of this?” She took a sip of the tea. She gagged. “Alex, this tea is horrible.”

“Aw, I made it!” Jack said.

“Sorry Jack,” she said wiping her mouth. “But why did you guys do all of this?”

“It’s a thank you for coming on tour with us,” Alex explained. “Plus, I knew you were missing home so we decorated like this.”

“It’s great. Thank you.” She brought him into a hug then gave to everyone else. She noticed Zack wasn’t here. She tried not to feel disappointed. “I love it.”

“Good,” Rian said. “Alex was getting on my nerves when he order us around.”

Megan laughed softly. “Wait! I almost forgot something!” Jack yelled running into the kitchen.

She burst out laughing when she saw what he brought. “Oh my God, you got fish and chips!”

“Sure did,” he smiled. “And I got this for you too.”

“What’s this?” she asked taking the bag from him.

“I thought we said no presents,” Alex said. Jack shrugged. Alex sighed then added, “Oh well, I got her something anyways.”

“Open it,” Jack urged Meg while smiling. She reached inside then pulled out the shorts. On the back were the words ‘get low’. She laughed then hugged Jack.

“Thanks. I love them.”

“Your welcome.”

“My turn!” Alex yelled. He handed Meg a small bag. She pulled out the tissue paper then grabbed the bracelet. She smiled widely as she held it in her hand. It was so simple but it brought tears to her eyes.

“Meg it’s just a bracelet,” Alex said laughing softly. Megan wrapped her arms around him and Alex hugged her back. Megan sighed.

“I’m going to miss you so much,” she whispered to him. His grip around her got tighter. “Thank you.”  

“You’re welcome.”

“Well crap, I don’t think we can beat that,” Rian said making everyone laugh. Kara handed Megan a wrapped present. She ripped open the wrapping paper to reveal a book. Meg opened the book to see all the pictures. There was also places empty for new pictures.

“When did you take these?”

“Oh, just whenever,” Kara replied.

“Thanks you guys,” Megan said hugging Rian and Kara.

“Wow,” Jack said. They all looked at him waiting. “We all really failed at the whole no presents thing.”

Megan laughed then asked, “Where’s Zack at?”

“He’s supposed to be here but he called saying he was going to be late. He’s getting sandwiches,” Rian explained.

“I thought you got food,” Kara said.

“So?” Alex replied. Megan rolled her eyes and tried to put on the bracelet she got from Alex.

“Need some help?” Alex asked.

“No! I got it!” He rose a brow as he watched her attempt to put the bracelet on. She sighed and stuck out her wrist. “Yes please.”

He chuckled and put the bracelet on her wrist. She muttered a ‘thanks’ and fiddled with the bracelet. Megan headed into the kitchen and grabbed a soda out of the fridge. Right when she closed the door hands went over her eyes.

“Um?”

“I really hope that’s not what you say if some creeper does that to you on the street,” he chuckled.

She laughed and turned around to face Zack.

“I thought you were out getting sandwiches.” She took a sip of her drink. As soon as she saw his face she thought of her conversation with Kara. Nothing would or could happen between Zack and Megan.

“The guys are attacking them right now,” he chuckled. Megan nodded and occupied herself by taking another sip of her drink. He took notice. “Thirsty?”

“Um, yea. Just a bit.” She gave him a small smile and stopped herself not to take another drink.

“So,” Zack said slowly. Megan groaned.

“Please do not start with the word ‘so’. Tonight those conversations don’t go so well for me.”

“Alright. No so. How about.…’Are you ok’?”

Megan was fiddling with her new bracelet but stopped with those words. She didn’t look up at him, just kept her gaze on the bracelet.

“Yea,” she said quietly. “’Are you ok’ could work.”

“Meg.”

“What?” She looked up at him through her eyelashes.

“Are you ok?”