Chapter 22

This chapter is dedicated to the 'undo' button on Word. Without it, this chapter would have been long gone thanks to my stupidity.

~~~~

Megan bit her lip as she watched the guys perform from her usual spot back stage.

Nine days until Tony’s surgery and it was already eating at her inside.

“Excuse me?”

Megan turned to see a girl around 17 or 18 standing next to her.

“Yes?”

“Are you Zack’s girlfriend?” she asked. Megan paused at the tone in her voice. She glanced down at the girl’s hands, making sure she wasn’t about to throw something at her.

“Y-Yes,” Megan said hesitantly.

“Could you give him this for me? Tell him to call whenever he wants a real woman. One that isn’t a ugly whore.”

The girl shoved the piece of paper into Megan’s hand and walked away. Meg stood there wide eyed and shaken. She had never have someone talk to her that way. Ever. She didn’t even know how to react to that.

She looked at the piece of paper that was crumbled into her hands. She stared at it not moving. For some reason she almost wanted to give Zack the piece of paper, to see what he would do.

Meg jumped when she felt someone kiss her cheek. She looked up quickly to see Zack with a confused yet concerned look on his face.

“Are you ok?”

“Y-Yea. I’m fine.” She glanced over at the direction that the girl, seeing she had disappeared.

“What’s that?” he asked looking down at the paper in her hand.

“Um, a girl wanted me to give it to you,” she said slowly. He opened it to see a number then ripped it and threw it in a trash near by.

“Did she say anything to you?”

“Um, no, not really,” Megan said averting her eyes.

You’re one bloody horrible liar, she thought to herself. Zack lifted her chin up, making her look at him.

“Meg, what did she say to you?” Meg licked her lips and hesitated. “Tell me. It obviously bothered you.”

“She said…she said to tell you to call whenever you wanted a real woman who wasn’t an…ugly whore.”

Zack’s jaw tightened and he looked around. He didn’t really know why he was looking around. He had know idea what the girl looked like.  He then looked down at Meg and caressed her cheek.

“Don’t listen to her at all. You’re gorgeous, the sweetest girl I have ever met, and I love you. Don’t let her get to you. I wish I knew what she looked like so I could tell her to cut the heck out.”

Megan shook her head. “No, don’t do that. It would probably just make things worse. I’m fine, I am. It just…shocked me I guess.”

He nodded and kissed her lips gently.

He remembered what Rian had said to them about not spreading their relationship around. Zack now knew what he was talking about.

***

“Are you coming to the bonfire tonight?” John asked Megan.

“Yea, of course. I wouldn’t miss it,” she smiled.