Chapter 25

Megan woke up in the morning and sat up. She left like crap. Her whole body ached. She grabbed her phone, looking at the time. 9:35. There’s no way Zack was awake yet.

She turned and looked at John who was sleeping soundly. She shook his shoulder gently. His eyes opened and he stretched his arms over his head.

“Hey,” he said softly. “You ok?”

Megan nodded. “I’m leaving.”

“Leaving as in…?” he asked sitting up.

“I’m going back home.” His eyes saddened but he then nodded in an understanding way. He then looked up at Meg with a serious face.

“If you don’t keep in touch I will hunt you down.” Megan laughed softly and hugged him.

“I will.” They pulled apart and John kissed her cheek.

“I’m going to go pack my stuff and then I’ll come back and say goodbye to the rest of the guys.” He nodded and they stood up.

“See you later,” he said. She grinned then headed out of the bus. She went to All Time Low’s bus and slowly opened the door. Jack and Matt were sitting in front lounge. Jack grabbed Meg’s hand and pulled her down next to him. He wrapped his arm around her and smiled.

“Jack,” Megan said looking up at him.

“Yes?” he said in a way that made her laugh softly.

“I’m going back home.”

“You’re what?” Matt asked before Jack could say anything. Meg looked over at him and nodded.

“I can’t stay here anymore. You guys saw what happened last night.”

“Megan you don’t have to leave. I don’t want you to,” Jack said.

“I know. I’ll miss you guys but I’ll keep in touch. I have to do this.” They both nodded and Jack kissed the top of her head. She patted his arm before standing up and going to pack her stuff.

***

“Packing again?”

Megan jumped and turned to Alex who stood in front of her as she zipped up her suitcase. She was done packing and now all there was left was to say goodbye. Tears pricked at Megan’s eyes and she wrapped her arms around Alex’s waist. He hugged her back tightly and soothed down her hair.

“I’m going to the airport with you.” Megan pulled back.

“No. You have to stay here. You play today.”

“Not until later,” he protested. She shook her head.

“Stay here,” she said. “For me.”

He sighed then nodded slowly. Alex wrapped his arms around her again and kissed her head.

“I’m at least going to the taxi with you. You won’t be able to stop me.”

“Fine,” Meg mumbled. “Who’s awake?”

“Rian, Grieco, and Evan just woke up. Vinny’s still asleep. I think Danny might be awake. Zack’s not though.”

Megan ignored that last sentence and went to the front lounge. The guys were sitting around eating cereal, watching tv, and talking.

They all turned to Meg when she entered the front lounge. Rian got up first and hugged Megan. She sniffled as tears started to form again.

“I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too,” she said. She then hugged Matt, Grieco, Danny, Evan, and Jack.