8.

liam.

it's been an hour now that harry had left me, and i am bored out of my head. i spent the past hour basing around the club doing nothing, looking at people dancing, and others getting drunk, and harry is nowhere to be seen for my luck. that bastard.

i was about to leave and go home, but then changed my mind, i didn't want to leave my 'best friend' alone, unlike what did he do to me. i'd be so worried if i left him alone, he is the worst when it comes to getting drunk, he starts to speak unmeaningful words, talks to inanimate objects, screams very loud, and then talks about how good of a best friend i am, and he annoys the shit out of me.

i moved from where i  was standing to go to the bar and get another drink when i noticed that the glass in my hand was pretty much empty. when i got there, i ordered a drink, and searched for a place to sit.

when i spotted an empty seat, next to a guy that was looking around the club helplessly -trying to find someone i guess-, i started walking to where the guy was sitting to ask him if the seat that was beside him taken.

when i got there, i stood straight, and said out loud over the music, "umm, hi mate. is this seat taken?"

"no y-" the boy stopped talking when he turned to face me.

oh my god, it can't be.

"zayn?"

"liam."

"oh my god, what are you doing here?" i said, face red, and invited myself to sit next to him.

"i-i came here with my bestfriend, but he left me alone, and here i am." he said, smiling a bit, with his red cheeks.  this smile will be the death of me.

"tell me about it, mine did that too." i said, rolling my eyes, and mentally cursing harry.

"oh." his smile fell and it was replaced by a fake one, "okay."

i looked at him weirdly, when the bartender handed me the drink i ordered, "so, how are you zayn?"

"i am good, thank you for asking, but how did you know my name?"

"i have my ways." i said with a smirk, then giggled when i noticed that there was a look of fear on his face, "i am joking babe, i got it from the other boy that delivers pizza from your work place, the blond one."

"oh, you mean niall. okay." he said looking shyly at the ground.

i smiled a bit about how cute he is, then said, "oh right, did you quit your job? because i don't see you anymore."

"n-no i didn't, i was having some trouble in university that's all."

"oooh, okay." i said, still worried.

"yeah." then he started to look around him again, like when i first saw him.

"are you waiting for someone?" i asked, feeling like a bother to him.

"no no, it's just, i am worried about my best friend." he said, still searching around the club.

"oh yeah, i am worried about my best friend too, but guess what, i don't care about him anymore, he ditched me, so i 'll have my fun now. wanna ditch with me?" i asked, with a look of hope in my eyes.

"i- uh-" he sounded unsure at first but then said, "okay."

"c'mon then." i said, getting up and pulling him up with me by his arm.

"but, wait," he stopped, then looked at me and said, "aren't you like famous? i mean, you wouldn't want to be seen with me, you know."

i rolled my eyes at him, then said, "stop the bullshit zayn, and don't worry, i'll take you to a place where we can't be seen. okay?"

"okay." he said with an innocent voice that made me want to kiss the shit out of him. dammit.

~~~

we both were in harry's car now (yes, i had the keys with me), and zayn still has this unsure look in his eyes, i rolled my eyes at him and started the car engine when he said, "where are we going?"

"it's a surprise, you'll like it." i said as i pulled away from the club.

the drive was quiet, a comfortable silence in the car, and the only voice that was heard in the car was the quiet voice of some song that i don't recognize playing on the radio.

when i got to where i wanted, i stopped the car, and looked at zayn, who was playing with his phone, and said, "we are here."

he looked around, then got out of the car the same time as me.

he started to spin around, taking in every object around him, then stopped and looked at me smiling, and said, "wow, holy shit liam, this is so amazing and beautiful."

"i know, this place is my only escape. i come here when i am stressed, and when i need a getaway from something." i said smiling, then walked to sit beside him on the car's hood.

what we were basically looking at is a small clear blue river, it was surrounded by huge trees, and the tree leaves were all over the ground, as we were in autumn, and some of those leaves were falling into the river. the river was so beautiful, it was splashing as it moved through the trees, with some big rocks in it.

the river was sending us some cold breeze, which made me tighten my jacket harder on myself. when i looked beside me, zayn was hugging himself, and shaking a little, then i noticed that he wasn't wearing anything but a shirt.

"oh my god zayn, you are shaking." i took off my jacket, and felt a the cold wind as it hit me suddenly, then handed zayn the jacket, and said, "take this, you are freezing, i'll go find something in the car, wait."

when i came back with harry's jacket on me, zayn was already wearing my jacket and looking in front of him. i hop onto the car beside him, and then threw my back on the car's hood, when i saw that zayn was doing the same. i smiled a little at him, as he returned it to me, then looked up at the sky, with our heads next to each other.

"so, tell me about yourself a little."

was it rushed?