20.

liam.

i was a sweating mess as i parked into the hospital's parking lot, i almost hit two cars on my way to this place, but i was so worried, i did not give a single fuck.

although mine and dad's relationship is fucked up, but i was worried sick about him, he is still my dad, the one that raised me when i was younger, even though he doesn't show it anymore, but he is still the same dad that brought me up to this life and gave me the best life (partly) ever.

i got out of the car quickly, cursing when my jacket got stuck into the door.

after closing the car, i began to run quickly towards the main entrance of the hospital, pushing everybody in my way away, and earning some yelling from them, but as i said before, i didn't care at the moment.

when i reached the main office in the first floor, out of breath, i quickly said to the secretary behind the office, "hello, geoff payne was brought here hours ago, can i have his room number?"

she looked at me surprisingly, analyzing that i was in front of her, before shaking her head, checking the computer, then saying, "y- yeah, he is in room 112, third floor."

i thanked her quickly before rushing off to the elevator, pressing the third floor's button, then waiting the elevator to reach impatiently.

a 'ding' voice sounded into the space, pulling me out of my thinking state. i waited for the door to open, then rushed towards the rooms searching for room 112.

when i got to the white door that has the number '112' painted in black on it, i pulled down the door's handle quickly without knocking, not preparing myself for what might be inside.

the door opened, revealing an old doctor in his late forties, with a clipboard in his left hand, and a pencil in his right one.

in front of him my father laid, with his pale face, black bags under his eyes and his weak body.

he was laying on his back, meeting my eyes, his face held no emotions, just a blank cold face, like always.

"and you are?" the doctor asked.

i held a hand up for him to shake, "liam, liam payne, geoff payne's son. can i talk to you in private doctor?"

the doctor shook his head yes, then mentioned for me to follow him outside the room.

when he closed the door to my dad's room, he turned to me and said, "yes mr. payne?"

"what's wrong with my father?" i asked the doctor worriedly.

"well, mr. payne, it seems that your father is suffering from a heart failure, and a very high blood pressure, we need to make him an operation real fast mr. payne, or god knows what will happen." said the doctor.

i looked at him in shock, waiting for what he just said to sink in. my father has a heart failure? what?

"when is the closest time to do this operation? doesn't matter how much it costs or where, we just have to do it fast doc."

"sir, the time, the money and the place won't matter when your father doesn't want this operation to happen."

"what?" i shouted surprisingly, not on purpose.

"yes, i told your father about everything, and all he said was 'take me home, i don't care, and i don't want to do anything'"

what the fuck is wrong with my father?!?