29.

liam.

the second day at greece, i was pulled out of my sleep when i heard my phone went off.

i groaned, then tried to reach the phone on the nightstand while rubbing my eyes, trying to open them.

i let out a sigh when i felt my hand finally touch the phone, and because i didn't want to wake my sleeping boyfriend who was laid on my chest.

it took me three seconds to adjust to the sunlight that was coming from the window, then pulled my attention back to my phone to notice the name 'harold' written on top.

i groaned loudly, then pressed the green button to accept the call as i put my other hand, the one that wasn't holding the phone, in zayn's hair.

i grinned widely as i looked down at a shirtless zayn sprawled on my naked chest, while soft snores were coming from him, then put my attention back to the phone and said with a deep voice laced with sleep, "heya harreh."

harry sniffed, then said with a voice laced with crying and pain, "yo- you and zayn have to come back really quick liam-" then he broke down crying on the phone while loud sobs were coming out from him.

my eyes widened quickly, i was more awake now, and surprised but concerned at the same time, "harry, darling, what's wrong? did something happen to you? don't cry please."

zayn has started to wake up at my voice, he was groaning and whining at the noise that woke him up from his sleep.

my best friend's sobs had quieten down a little as he tried to speak, "it- it's louis, liam, we are at the hospital, and he- he is so damaged liam, please come here."

"louis!?" zayn's head shot up when he heard his best friend's name being , his eyes were wide and worry filled them, "what's wrong with him harry?"

"he- he was beaten up liam, by some bullies he never told me about, he was beaten up pretty bad liam, he has bruises all over his body, and he won't wake up, liam please come, i- i need you." harry managed to let out between his sobs.

zayn had heard everything because the phone was put on speaker, and i looked up to find some tears rolling down his face, and a concerned look on his face, "take me to my best friend liam, please." he said in a soft tone.

i got up quickly to hug zayn, then answered harry on the phone by saying, "we are on our way harry, please hold on."

"don't cry angel, everything will be fine." i whispered softly in zayn's ear.

but zayn decided to take it in another way by pushing me away harshly, then saying, "how many times do you think i have heard this lie in my life liam? too many, and it was always a lie, always. my best friend is in danger because of me liam, nothing will be fine, nothing!"

zayn stood in the corner, crying, and when i tried to walk close to him, he shouted, "don't come closer, liam. just take me to my best friend, please, i am begging you."

i stopped walking, and nodded, " i will zayn, just go change, and i'll ask my bodyguard to organize things and get us the jet here, okay? just give me half an hour and you'll be with louis in two hours, not three. but please angel, stay calm."

i understood that zayn was freaking out from the inside, so i wasn't bothered with him being mad and like this.

zayn nodded as i left the room with my phone in my hand, giving him some space.

~~~~~

zayn sighed impatiently as he sat on the couch inside the jet when it took off, then put his head in his hands.

i was standing in front of the table, facing him, with my arms crossed together.

"i am sorry, babe." zayn said with a cracked voice.

i walked till i was in front of him, then lowered myself and sat in front of him on my knees.

i took his hands away from his face, and put my hand on his cheek, caressing it lightly, "it's okay angel, i understand."

"but, i had no right to scream at you, liam, i am sorry." zayn said, lowering his gaze to the ground.

i shook my head, laughing quietly, "you don't understand zaynie. don't apologize babe, even if you shot me in the eye with a gun, i'd never be mad one bit at you, i love you too much to care about stuff like these."

zayn smiled weakly, "i love you so much."

i kissed him quickly then said, "why haven't you told me about these assholes bothering you at your university?"

"i guess i was too happy with you to care about them, and, and they have been out of the scene for weeks, but i have not guessed they were planning something, i am just an idiot, and now my best friend is burning in pain because of me, i am so selfish." zayn said as his fresh new tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"don't you ever blame yourself zayn, none of this is your fault, understand this." i said smoothly as i brought him closer to hug him.

"oliver, jake and jerry, their names. they never touched louis or talked to him, although he was openly gay, but then, i came into the picture, and all of the tables turned around, once they found out i was gay, they started picking on me and him, but louis always knew how to piss them off. they have a habit of destroying mine and louis' dorm all the time, and we don't know how they are able to open the door every time, even though we changed the door locks all the time, they always found a way to open it." zayn stopped talking for two seconds, took a long breath, then continued, "but- but i never thought they would reach this point."

"don't worry babe, i'll make sure they never come near you or louis again, and that's a promise. just don't cry. i'll have to schedule an appointment with the university headmaster tomorrow, and see what will happen, all good?" i said in a comforting tone, the wiped his cheeks to get the tears away.

"yes." zayn said as he smiled a little.

"i love you." i said, then kissed his forehead.

"i love you too, liam. i love you forever."

~~~~~~~~~

the car finally pulled in front of the hospital, and zayn wasted no time at leaving the car.

he started running towards the entrance of the hospital, and i was running after him, trying to keep up with him, but he was too fast.

when we reached the front disk, he quickly asked the lady behind the desk about the number of the room louis was in.

when she answered, we walked quickly after thanking her, and luckily, his room was on the first floor.

we saw harry standing behind the window of louis' room, eyes bloodshot, and his forehead was pressed against the class.

"harry!" i said, announcing that we were here.

when harry saw me, he ran up to me and hugged me. he was crying.

zayn stood in front of the glass, eyes wide open, then he put his hand over his mouth, while the tears started to fall down again, harshly.

"shit."