22.

liam.

"i am sorry to hear that you know, i wish i could do something about it just to make you feel better." zayn said from where he was sitting between my arms as i held him.

our position has changed now, we were basically cuddling, with my arms around his tiny body, his right leg in between the both of my legs, and his head resting on the pillow facing me. it felt nice and comfy.

"it's alright, you being here is enough." i smiled at him, as he returned it back, then lift himself up to hug me.

"thank you, but, can i ask you a question?" zayn said after he settled again.

"yes angel?"

zayn blushed under my choice of words even though he should be used to it by now, then said, "um- i- is your dad the reason you don't want to come out? if it's personal and you don't want to answer just say so."

i looked at him silently for a short time, before saying, "no it's okay, and yes, he is mainly the reason why i am not prepared, and i don't want him to hate me even more."

zayn gasped, "no, i am sure he doesn't hate you lee," i smiled at the nickname, then continued to listen, "i just think he is still in shock because of your mother's death. i know it's been years, but you know he loved her so much, and old love never dies. give him some time, he'll be back to the way he was back then, he just needs someone beside him right now, believe me. keep hanging on him."

"i am putting all of my effort to make him better, but he is still not appreciating the things i do. but okay, i'll do that, i'll make you proud."

he grinned at me when i said that, then we both fell in a comfortable silence. no talking, just us being all lovey- dovey.

after maybe five minutes of me overthinking and stressing over the little things, i looked down at zayn, where he was laying his head on my chest, and saw him looking into space, lost in his own thoughts.

"what are you thinking about?" i asked him, taking him off guard, he pulled his head up to look at me, before laying it down again on my chest.

"it's just, today at work, when i got this cut on my neck-"

i cut him off by saying, "stupid ass."

he turned to roll his eyes at me, then said, "as i was saying before you rudely interrupted me, today, when i went to deliver a pizza box, to a really poor neighbourhood, it was in the end for a poor lady and her young son, her name was zainab, and her son's name was ahmad. anyway, like, she looked so happy when she answered the door and saw me-"

"i don't blame her." i smirked as i interrupted him again.

zayn hit me on my shoulder, then continued, "anyways, she kept thanking me after her five year old son took the box, and she kept telling me how i made him and her happy. she looked very poor liam, she was about to pay me, but i refused to take the money, and promised her to be back soon. i want to help her liam, i want to do something useful in my life, but i don't know how."

i was silent for a few moments, analysing how i got lucky by this perfect human, then opened my mouth to say, "you know i don't call you angel for no reason. and about the lady, we'll arrange a day to go help her and do everything we can, and i will be with you there all the way. okay?"

"okay. thank you so much, you are the best." zayn said as he got up from my chest up to hug me.

i rolled my eyes, then said, "how many times have i told you not to thank me?"

"alright, sorry."

"how many times have i told you to stop saying sor-"

"just shut up and cuddle me."

~~~~

"i'd like to take you on a date next friday, be ready at eight, no excuses, it's the weekend." i said as i parked the car in front of the university, with zayn beside me.

"okay. any other orders mr. payne?" he said rolling his eyes at me, earning a smirk from me.

"yes actually, tomorrow, bring your ass of a best friend and i'll bring mine to have a lads night, but," i said warningly, "don't tell him harry is going to be there, and i'll do the same with harold. deal?"

"deal." he said shaking my hand dramatically, then we both started to laugh hysterically.

after a while, i stopped laughing and got lost in zayn as he laughed, thanking god for his existence.

when he stopped laughing, he looked at me, and noticed that i was burning holes into his eyes, "what?"

"nothing." i said quickly, before pulling him into a deep passionate kiss.

when we pulled back, i looked him in the eyes for a short minute, then pecked his forehead.

"i'll see you tomorrow, don't be late. bye."

"okay. bye."

~~~~

"harry, i missed you." i said throwing myself on my best friend as he entered the living room.

"yeah, just consider i believed that. now get off me you pig." he said trying to push me away from him, but i clung on him like a koala.

"but i love you." i whined.

"says the one who was mia for three days without telling their best friend the reason."

i groaned, then said, "but you know why i did that."

"yeah, because you are so whipped for that zen boy."

"his name is zayn." i rolled my eyes as i let go of him, and headed over to the sofa.

"no shit sherlock, i didn't know, that's a brand new information." harry said sarcastically as he sat beside me.

"you should be honoured that you are going to meet him-" the doorbell rang, "now."

"ha ha." he said as i felt a pillow hit the back of my head when i got up to open the door.

"fucker." i shouted back at him.

i stood in front of the door, fixing my clothes, then took a long breath before turning the handle down.

the door opened revealing zayn, wearing just a simple black jumper with ripped jeans, but he looks hot in everything anyways.

beside him stood a short louis wearing a black sweater with tight black jeans, which i considered cute.

"hey," i said waving at them, but getting lost into zayn's eyes, "come in."

louis noticed what i was doing, so he rolled his eyes at me, and entered hurriedly, standing a few meters away from me andzayn.

i pulled zayn in for a fast kiss when we heard louis mumble 'gross'.

zayn was still looking into my eyes when he raised his middle finger at his best friend.

"ready for war?" i whispered, so louis can't hear.

"yes."

i held zayn's hand and started walking with him towards the living room, with louis following us.

we entered, my eyes meeting harry's, while he was standing in front of sofa, he looked at zayn smiling, but then his eyes landed behind us.

i closed my eyes, getting ready for the war to begin when,

"you again!"

"you again!"

who tops? zayn or liam, louis or harry?

i say lilo.