12.

liam.

i took my jacket off once i got to my office in the company, and laid myself on the big black leather couch that was in the room, hoping to have two minutes of peace before the work oficially starts.

my dad is now back in the country again after three months of him being away, but that doesn't make any difference for both of us, we rarely talk, after the death of my mother, he became a cold hearted person who doesn't care about anything but himself, work and making money.

i really miss the old him, the happy, relaxed, ambitious, lovable and the optimistic him, where he used to treat me like a real son for him, when he used to tell me that he is proud of me everytime i did something, even it was little.

he forgot that the women who died was my mum too, that i cried for a whole year every night after losing her, that time when i needed him the most, but he just decided to be selfish and only care about his feelings, and i hated that, from the depth of my heart.

i really love my dad, even though that he is treating me like i am someone who he doesn't know, but i can never forget how he was, i would never forget that he is the one who raised me to be who i am now, i would never do that.

i thought about talking to him all the time, but everytime i tried to start a conversation, he would always find a way out easily, and that hurt.

my thoughts were cut off shortly by a knock in the door.

i groaned, sat up, and responded with a loud, "who is this?"

the door suddenly opened, revealing my secretary, eva, as she said, "mr. payne, the meeting is going to start soon, and your father requested you there early, not adding any other information."

"okay, tell him i'll be there in a minute." i said getting up after she closed the door. i sighed as i began to gather all my needed files for the meeting, then headed out of the door.

i can't help but let my mind wander to zayn on the way to the meetings room, this, thinking about him in random times, became a habit for me, and it's getting scary.

that angel boy, with the hazel brown eyes, and the most perfect shaped cheekbones and jaw.

i thought about getting to him in any way, since the note he left this morning, but my plans changed when the company called me saying that my father is back, and i don't want him getting angry at me because i took so many days off, and seeing my dad angry is one of the last things i needed to see.

i still can't believe i had the guts to take him to the river, the place who no one knows but me, i think. but that night was the best night ever, i just wished it lasted longer.

i am gonna get to that boy, i don't care how, but i will.

i arrived to the room in no time, opened the door slowly, and got in.

i looked up once i closed the door, and met with my careless father's eyes, he was the only one in the room, which meant that the meeting has not started yet.

i sat at the chair that was across from him, where i sit usually at the meetings everytime he is here, then put the files on the table and looked up at him.

he was typing something on his phone as i looked at him, waiting for him to finish. the air was full of awkward silence, and i just wanted the awkward tension to end already.

he stopped typing on the phone seconds later, locked the screen, and put the phone beside him on the long wooden table.

"hand me the files, i want to see what have you been working on so far." he said coldly, mentioning for me with his hand to give him the files that were in front of me.

i got up, held the papers, and put them in front of him, then came back to my chair without saying any word.

i really worked hard to get these files done, it took me weeks to finish them completely, and it'd be a complete disaster if he didn't like the ideas.

i was avoiding looking in my father's direction, not wanting to see his expression.

when i turned to look at him, he was finished reading the files, and looking at me with no intrest, with his hands locked with each other on the table.

"so," he sighed, then continued, "what kind of shit is this?"

my heart exploded at his sudden words (more like insults), and my breath hitched. this is too much to handle, espicially when i worked my arse off at this.

then he continued, "this is the worst idea i have ever seen in my life, mr. liam, i actually thought i'll have something good, but this shit, is nowhere near good, this is a total trash, i can't belie-"

"fucking stop." i can't believe i just said that, but i am so angry at the moment, i just wanted to let it all out, and i didn't just stop there, "if you are going to do this shit all the fucking time, i am leaving for good, and i don't even care about your money, if you are not going to treat me like i am a human, then i'll have to figure this in my way. look, look at yourself, after my mother died, you became someone whom i don't even know father," i was crying by now, but i didn't give two shits about that at the moment.

"would she be proud of you dad? while looking at you from above? would she? you actually let her down father, let me down even, don't you think that her death killed me on the inside too? it did father, it made me want to disappear from this life too, but, whats the point of that? if she wants the best for me, then i will try my hardest to do the best, just to make her happy. when she died, harry was the only one there for me, i thought you would understand, but you never did. you just shut yourself down and away from us, and built a cold hearted personality around the old golden one, and hurt the both of us."

"she is disappointed in you father, and so am i."

that was the last thing i said before heading out of the room, without looking back, and not waiting for him to responde.

(i am sorry that there is no ziam in this chapter but it will all start in the next chapter. i just wanted to make this chapter to clear liams relationship with his dad.)