14.

liam.

"aren't you going to tell me where are we going?" zayn asked for the hundredth time, sighing loudly with a very cute pout on his face.

"aren't you going to tell me why were you mia for three days after the first time i saw you?" i smirked at him, then pulled my attention back to the road.

"um- i- it was nothing." he said nervously, and i can tell that he was lying.

"zayn." i said warningly, waiting for him to respond with the real reason why he disappeared for three days.

"look, i'll tell you, but not now, let's just not ruin the mood, okay?"

i turned to look at him, and he was looking at me with his sparkling eyes like a baby, it's like he is begging me to stop talking about the subject, and i can't say no to those eyes, can i?

"okay." i rolled my eyes at him, then sighed when a grin broke on his face, as a sign of victory.

zayn turned to look at his watch, then said, "now, liam, we have been driving for the past hour and yet, we haven't arrived, can you please tell me where are we going, so i make sure that you are not taking me away to kill me and throw my body after you are done."

"oh god." i whispered, then turned my face to roll my eyes at him, "zayn, we are almost there, so shut up, and don't be afraid, you are too beautiful and nice to be killed, and by who? me."

"i- i- o-okay." he stuttered, and i turned my face again to get a better look of his face, and it was red, he was blushing, which made me grin. it's good that i have this effect on him.

after the fight with my father, i left back to the house, relaxed a little, and while i was sitting on my bed with my head up, looking at the ceiling, i thought 'why not take my car and leave for somewhere, anywhere but here' and this is where the idea came from, which led to me thinking 'why not take someone with me?' because i didn't want to be alone at the same time, i thought of who i should take with me, and the first face that came into my mind is this angel's face, zayn's face.

so, i got ready and took what i need, then left for zayn's work place, to see if he is there, and for my luck, when i first entered the restaurant i was met with the sight of him reading a book in the corner of the restaurant, and it all started from that moment.

i was pulled out of my thoughts when i heard zayn saying, "hey liam?"

i turned to face him, and gestured him with a smile, "yes, love?"

he put his palm on the back of his neck nervously, then turned all of his body to face me and said, "y- you are taking me to somewhere as- um- as in what? i mean why? why me? like we barely know each other and y- you know,  are you taking me as a- a  friend or what? um- yeah."

oh no. i saw this coming. damn you curious zayn.

"i'll tell you when we get there, okay?"

"okay."

~~~~

"are we there yet?" zayn asked as he let out a groan, looking at me, and waiting for a reply.

"five more minutes. shush."

"you have been saying that for the past half an hour."

i rolled my eyes at him, then turned again to face the road. it's true, we are currently getting closer to the beach mansion that i own, and it's the place where i wanted to take zayn.

this mansion was a gift from my father on my sixteenth birthday, before he became the way he is now. it was and still is the best gift i have ever received in my life, and i hope something will change this fact in the upcoming future.