Chapter 1

Sitting on the couch watching Johnny Bravo reruns was not my intentions. But even that was better than doing my 30 problem math homework. Sheesh. The thought alone brought goosebumps.

In all seriousness though, did anybody ever notice how much of a pedophile this guy was? Good thing all the women in that show must have taken some serious lessons on how to kick some pedophile a$$. Why don't I take Kung Fu lessons? I could become a major threat. I would surely beat the hell out of all the little kids and take there lunch money. I wasn't a bully, but why not gain power? I could rule the world...

"Alex!" My mom called me, using my nickname, running down the stairs like some chipper teen. "I need to ask you a favor. But I'm your mom so you can't say no." My mom said standing right in front of the t.v.

"Yeah sure." I said half uncaring looking between her legs pretending she was made of glass. "Hey mom? Can I become a Kung Fu warrior?"

She laughed. Go figure. "Okay, I need you to come over to my new friend's house. I met her at the grocery store and you won't believe that she lives right down the street." She walked away to go grab her purse and shoes.

"Alright, fine. But I ain't gonna change." I called to her looking down at my jeans and sweatshirt. My curls were jumbled in a bun on top of my head. I didn't look bad, just comfortable.

"Kay, let's go." My mom walked through the door closing it as if I wasn't going with her. Part of me thought about just sitting back down, but the bigger part new better.

We arrived in like a minute, and I questioned the reason my mom drove to the house. We could have walked and made it in just 5 minutes.

My mom rang the doorbell and out came a thin tall lady with wavy dark hair that opposed my mom's thin blonde hair. "Amanda!" The lady called my mom.

"Brenda!" My mom squealed back and they hugged each other.

"Alexa!" I chirped and wrapped my arms around myself.

They broke their hug laughing and I was formerly introduced to the lady. The inside of her house was really nice and clean. It was the same size as our house, but her's had glass sculptures and knick-knacks all in special places.

I sat down on the one couch playing skyburger on my phone while they spoke to one  another. I was bored, but I guess it was basically the same idea as being home.

"Oh Alexa. If you want, my son has an xbot and playstation downstairs with games. You are more than welcome to go down there and play." I laughed lightly to myself at how she mistaked an xbox for an xbot.

"Sure that would be great." I smiled honestly ready to actually do something. I wasn't too big with game systems, but I still played every now and again with some friends.

The basement of her house was the epitome of man caves. there was a huge flat screen, two couches, multiple games and movies, a mini fridge, and a pool table.

"Woah. This is nice!" I said to myself and made my way to the fridge. I grabbed a Dr.Pepper and grabbed some race car game plopping it into the xbox and began to play with the wireless controler. I was still in shock with how much money these people apparently had to spend.

"I'm way to fast for you, cars! I'm gonna get in first place this time, and com4 you better stay behind me, eating my dust!" I yelled to the television standing up and turning my body with the curves of the road. "NO! Don't crash!" I yelled at myself when a turn was too sharp, and my speed too fast. "Dammit com4! You cheap bastard!" I wailed and tossed the controller on the couch. That game was stupid.

"Enjoying yourself I see." A male voice said from behind me and I couldn't help but let out a scream. I turned around to see a boy sitting on the other couch. How long had he been there?

And then when his expressionless face turned up in a smirk, I almost shat bricks right there. I don't know why I hadn't noticed his thick dark brown hair that sat ruffled on top of his head, or his piercing forest green eyes that could only belong to Clyde Wood. The Clyde Wood. That heartless jerk that made more girls cry with him than seeing The Notebook. How many times I'd walk into class to see some chick crying to her friends. And although I hadn't known any details, one thing remained the same. Clyde Wood is a heartless, playing, jerk.

And I was in his house.

"Just gonna stare at me?" He laughed and stood up. "You seemed to be a lot more social when you were talking to my t.v." He walked over and shut down the system, placing the disc back in its case.

"I know who you are. You're Clyde Wood." I said, sounding almost like an obsessed fan.

"I am. And your Alexa something. That quiet girl in a few of my classes." He replied not looking at me.

"I'm  not quiet, I just wouldn't talk to jerks like you." I said, completely forgetting who I was talking to.

"Oh I'm a jerk?" He said, sounding amazed at this, "Well look here," He got right up close to my face, "You spend way too much time believing what you hear, and I won't let you insult me in my own house." His voice was so calm he sounded almost happy to be a douche. I could feel the cold sweat run down my spine.

He laughed again which caused me to move back a bit, breaking free from my trance. "You're just a b!&%# anyways." He sat down on the couch I was previously by and looked at me.

Of course the one thing I hated about myself started to kick in and I could feel the tears sting the back of my eyes. The b-word was definitely hurtful. "Aww, are you gonna cry?" He fake sympathized.

Knowing if I said something else, I wouldn't be able to hold back from crying, I turned around, and as calmy as I could muster up, I walked upstairs. I didn't even bother look at my mom and her friend as I made my way to the front door. I just left. And once out of the house, the tears streamed down my face.

Why couldn't I just control when I cried? Then I would tell people to go ahead and mess with me, I would just say something back and laugh with no tears or pain. They would be the ones crying.

But that was just a wish. What was real was that I had only spoke to Clyde Wood for about 3 minutes, and he already had me in tears.