Chapter 20

As if an answering to a prayer, the day of our field trip was finally here. I sat next to Dani in the middle of the bus, while everyone else was filing in. We had gotten their even earlier than we had to, to ensure some seats near a few of our other friends.

"This trip is going to be amazing." I said relaxing back in my seat.

"I know, I can't wait for the ocean." Dani followed and relaxed as well.

"I cannot wait for the beach!" I tensed up in my seat, feeling my entire mood drop. I looked up to see the crew of boys entering the bus. There was Evan, William, James, Julian, and of course Clyde.

Why did I have so much confidence in the belief that not one of their classes would be one offered on this trip? My hopes of this being a Junior only trip, were broken in two, stomped on, chewed and spit into a bottomless pit.

"Hey why do you look like you just saw a ghost?" Dani noticed my mood and sat up in her seat. "The bus hasn't even started, are you sick?"

"Nothing." I looked at her, well, I turned my whole body and crouched down a bit, not trying to even be spotted by any of them. "So yeah, I think the first thing we should do when we get there is go into the beach. Well of course, after unpacking our stuff and finiding out what beds to get, and maybe eating stuff." I ranted on as they walked past, giving me no reason to even turn back straight in my seat.

Dani gave me a confused look and I felt someone pat my head. I turned around and saw Julian as he kept walking towards the back. He turned his head slightly and winked at me before facing completely forward again. I slightly blushed.

I could tell they were all finally settled when I heard laughter coming from the back and the chatter of those loud mouth seniors. "Okay what's the deal girly?" Apparently Dani noticed as well. "Aren't you and Julian dating and stuff?"

"It's not him it's Clyde." I whispered, giving her the hint to not be so loud also. The thing about growing up in her house is you learn to be a loud mouth. I really didn't want to draw attention from the huge amount of girls that were going on this trip. She leaned in now, catching my hint. "We aren't really on speaking terms."

She threw her head back in laughter, leaving me to be the confused one. Thanks for the support, Dani. "You two are even worse than a married couple." I completely frowned now.

"How the hell are we even in the slightest a married couple?" I asked her, my voice a lot higher.

"Ever since you met the boy, you two have been on and off and on and off. Not like a relationship, but with being mad at each other. It's ridiculous." She chuckled away. "How funny love is, when the people in it don't even know it." She said more to herself, but I definitely caught that.

"What in the actual f#ck are you talking about?" I was completely baffled by the claim she made, and even more pissed that she made it! I was definitely not in motherf#cking love with motherf#cking Clyde, nor would I be oblivious to who I was in motherf#cking love with! Excuse the language, but what the f#ck?

"Defensive are we?" She full on smirked, showing all of her teeth like a Chesire cat.

"Yes! How can you even say that? After everything I've told you. After how many times he's made me cry! What even gives you that idea? You're crazy." I ranted. Dani was my best friend, she should know better about me than anybody, yet here she was believing that I was in love with Clyde. IN LOVE WITH CLYDE!

She just continued her smirk before relaxing back into her seat and closing her eyes. Oh no. I am not having that.

"Dani! Answer me." I pushed her arm. She ignored me. "Dani! I will punch you in the face if I have to. What even gives you the idea that I like him? I only ever tried being his friend. I was just trying to be nice. I don't even like him most of the time let alone love." I ranted quietly, trying to clear her rotten thoughts up.