Chapter 14

I had woken up after noon on Saturday and apparently my parent's had to leave for work because of something important that came up. In my dad's note he included how upset he was because he was tired. I laughed at that. His notes were the highlight of them leaving.

Dani and I had went to the mall like we intended to do the night before and bought our stuff. We then chilled and hung out at my house. She slept over again and left on Sunday. For the rest of my Sunday I worked on the powerpoint without Julian. I decided to just do some, and we could finish it the next day.

Monday morning I ate my breakfast and made my way into my mom's car. She liked driving me sometimes, when she didn't want to sleep in. I liked it because I could wake up later. I should get a permit, but I hadn't had time to really study and go.

"Good morning." I smiled happily. I was able to take a refreshing shower.

"I'm not happy with you Alexa." She said in her stern voice and then I remembered her party. She looked tired and if it wasn't for the fact that she wanted to talk to me she'd probably be sleeping.

I didn't want to go through this, so I let the truth set me free. "Okay, you got me." I said dramatically. I wouldn't be detailed, but she might as well know. "I'm not currently friends with Clyde. I tried, I really tried to be his friend, but he made it more than clear he doesn't want to be my friend. And when I sat down, he didn't say the nicest thing to me. I think he was also happy I got up and left him alone." I rushed out in a nervous habit.

"Well then why didn't you tell me?" She still sounded a bit angry, obviously not happy that I was finding a way out of this.

"Because, you don't have to know everything mom. You could've just let me not be present at your party and tell Brenda to leave him home." I tried sounding as polite as possible.

"Is it so hard to say we're not currently talking?" She pulled up to the school.

"Knowing you, yes. You always want a story. I'll talk to you later before I'm late. Love you, bye!" I got out the car in lightening speed and walked into the building.

The day was normal. Now in my one class the two 'sort-of-rapists' completely ignored me like before the incident. They had been avoiding me for some time, but they would still look over or knock something off my desk.

I was still on the female population's gossip newspaper with Julian, but I learned to ignore that. It was nothing more than stares, and I don't consider myself really ugly, so I could deal with that, and keeping my head high as I walked.

"Why couldn't lunch be longer?" Dani said resting her head on the table.

"Someone had a bad night." Rick said. "And I'd love to listen, but I know Alex cares more. And I have more important matters with some of the guys." He got up with his lunch and left. Thanks Rick for leaving me with her rant about her home.

I didn't exactly hate listening to the same story, with some few differences, it was just so often and I knew it already!

While she complained about her brothers and her entire huge family I looked over at Clyde. My eyes got big for a spilt second with the sight in front of me. A girl had her arms wrapped around him as he ate. She was petite, caucasian and had long blonde hair. I made quick eye contact with Clyde and I looked back at Dani who was still going.

I looked up again and he looked up at the same time. I kept his stare, not liking how I was always the first one to look away. Slowly a smirk crept onto his face and I had to look down. I took a bite out of my sandwich. Stupid smirk.

"I'm just so tired of living there." Dani concluded with a sigh.

I looked back over and Clyde placed a kiss on her cheek, still looking at me. I looked away fast that time. What is wrong with him? Why was he looking at me while kissing her? That's weird on more than one level. But I also couldn't help take note of how my stomach churned uneasily.

I didn't like seeing him kiss her. It looked so wrong. Not that I care. I don't! He could do whatever. Lunch ended and I left with a frown. In my next class I realized I was still blatantly frowning. I stopped immediately, and gave a neutral face. I don't know what was up with me.

In History class Julian called me over and I guess I was sitting in his territory for a change. The surrounding girls didn't look too happy, but I knew they wouldn't say anything. They'd talk about it later.

Clyde strut in with his girl toy. Oh great, she had this class. They sat down right besides Julian and I, except they were sharing a seat. How distasteful. At least Julian was in the middle of us.

"So I assembled the rest of the information onto the powerpoint, we just have to make it look good." I turned the laptop towards me, placing in my flashdrive.

"Alright." His voice was very uncaring. Obviously, now sitting with his group, he put his cool kid facade back on. I preferred his other side.

We finished, with still half the class time remaining. Everyone else was sort of working, and I noticed how a lot of them weren't even halfway done. It was due the next day. But the teacher would probably extend it if not many got finished.

"Woo!" Julian outstretched his arms in the air. "We're done!" He shouted getting the attention of everyone. He raised both his hands to me, signaling a double high five. I put my hands up timidly and he smashed his against mine. I couldn't help but laugh. "F all of you, our project is getting an A." He leaned back in his chair chewing on his pen.

"That's because you got the President." Clyde's other friend, who's name I do not know, said.

"Don't be jealous." He said calmy now.

While looking in Julian's direction as he spoke, I slightly tilted my head over to see the continuing love fest of Clyde and that girl.

"So mi amor, what's good?" Julian said and I rolled my eyes. He was throwing fire into the flames. These girls would not like me being called that by him. And I really didn't want all the commotion.

"Don't call me that." I said sternly. He laughed.

"Why not, mi amor?" He winked. I turned my head, and found a couple of girls looking at me kind of blankly. Not with a strong stank face, but they still looked annoyed by my presence.

"How do you all deal with this person? I'm so glad I don't have to work with him anymore." I spoke up and they immediately smiled. I guess my rhetorical question was one they intended to answer.

"You gotta love him though. He's like a puppy." The one said and the others agreed. I looked over at him in disbelief and he gave me puppy eyes. Ew. It was adorable, since he has such a tough exterior, but I wouldn't admit that.

I turned my chair to face them. "A horny demented puppy if you ask me." I said and they laughed.

"Alright, but even you have to admit he's hot. You did announce that you two would be partners for this." A girl named Jennifer said. I remembered how Julian didn't like how I told Clyde he was being tutored so I thought I'd keep it a secret.

"I only did that because he lost a bet." I lied. Might as well look like the cool kid in the process right? "He thought that he could beat me in a staring contest and I won of course. Well, would you want to lose when his wager was to run around the block in just your underwear?" Wow, I could really lie when I wanted to. They all laughed at that and I got a few 'nevers.'

I talked with the girls for the rest of the period and a few of them, well all of them, were saying that I should go out with him. How strange is it that their entire dislike for me could change in two seconds. But it was good because I made new friends. We had a blast talking, mostly about Julian. Even with all of that, in the back of my mind I couldn't bring myself to ignore how just behind me, Clyde was probably making out with the girl.

The next day came around and when I walked into History class there was a substitue saying to continue working on our group projects. Clyde, Julian, and the other guy weren't present. They were the types to skip class when there was a sub, and I saw all the girls surrounding the blonde chick, who was currently crying.

"What happened?" I asked making my way to the back. I knew I wasn't part of their group, but I was concerned. I knew how it felt to be crying and I didn't like seeing others doing the same.

"Clyde broke up with her." Jennifer had said. "He always does it in a terrible way."

"Yeah." A girl, Cindy, chimed in. "At least if Julian was breaking up with you, he would be as kind as possible."

"Take it from me." The blonde girl sniffled, who's name I do not know, to be honest I kind of avoid learning names in classes, "Don't go out with Clyde." She warned me, and it kind of upset me. He wasn't all bad, not that I would date him! Never. But I'm sure she knew his reputation.

Most likely, many of her friend's in the situation have told her not to date him because he's a heartbreaker. Then again, they all still fell at his feet. And I could never understand how these girls were best friends and just shared this guy.

Leaving school I noticed Clyde was with his group of friends. His entire possie of guys. Julian and James were smoking a cigarette. William outstretched his hand and Clyde tossed his keys into them before walking away. The group dispersed and most of them followed William while Clyde walked the other way.

I was walking the same way, since we lived in the same direction, and a little way from the school I had caught up to him, only a few feet behind. I remembered what he did to that girl and how uncaring he seemed at the moment. I quickened my step behind him.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Hey!"