Chapter 25

"You ready?" Clyde knocked on my door. It was 8:30 in the morning. We agreed we should get an early start to enjoy our time here in Hawaii to the fullest. It's not every day that we can get a vacation to Hawaii.

"Yeah, in a minute." I was wearing a white tee over my bikini top, and just some really short pink swimming trunks for girls. I didn't want to wear my bikini bottom because I felt like surfing plus that, would equal an embarassing adventure. I've heard to many cases of losing bottoms.

I finished packing my stuff in my tote, put on my flipflops, and headed out. Clyde was leaning on the island in the kitchen with his red swimming trunks and a white muscle tee, his muscles looking nicely tanned too. There was a towel swung around his neck, his hair was combed and he was just all around looking good.

I still couldn't deny the child had looks. I blushed a bit, looking at the floor as I made my way over to him. I believe he didn't notice, good. "So, they are still sleeping." He pointed at the moms rooms.

I rolled my eyes. "That's what happens when the women are alone with too many drinks." He wrote a note telling them where we'll be and we left.

We grabbed a breakfast burrito on our way to the beach, and there was already some people there. There weren't too many, just like the day before, but there were still people. It seemed there was always a steady low number of people who came here. We went to the surf shack where Clyde paid a guy to give lessons.

We rented some boards and made our way out with our instructor. We had already put our stuff down, Clyde had his shirt off, but that's not where my attention was placed. I couldn't stop looking at the instructor walking in front of us. I could only currently see his bare back, but it was tanned to a beautiful bronze/carmel color, and you could tell the swimming paid off for his figure. His hair was black, short and spiked, and his arms oozed surfer in all its tanliness. Hanging low on his back was his swim trunks that was blue with Hawaiian flowers and his butt was extra firm from what I could tell.

I could feel myself starting to drool and out of nowhere I was on the ground. I immediately snapped out of my thoughts realizing I had tripped on nothing. I got up and both Clyde and him were looking at me. I blushed deeply. "Oops," Was my genius response to that.

I looked at instructor guy to see his clear blue eyes that contrasted against his tan face, giving him so much allure. He had a button nose and full pouty lips that flashed me the most amazing smile with white Dentyne gum pieces for teeth. I smiled stupidly back and he turned around. I needed to get it together.

We were finally deep in the water sitting on our boards while Zach, the name of our instructor spoke. I was trying really hard to listen to him but his eyes were drawing me into oblivian. He kept smiling at me too.

"Like this?" He was holding my board as I tried to practice the stance he told us to use. Clyde already knew how to surf, so he was merely watching and trying to help me as well. I didn't realize I'd be so terrible at surfing.

"Move your back foot farther out." Zach said and I did as I was told, however my board was wet and I slid, almost doing a split and started falling. I fell torward him and he tried to hold me up, but my fall was so abrupt it sent us both into the water. He grabbed my waist and brought us both up and out.

I started laughing and he joined me. We stopped but his hands still lingered on my waist. He finally let go of me and went back onto his board. I was a bit sad he let go, but I went on my board too.

He started teaching me how to swim towards waves, but without getting up on the board. My arms got tired really fast and I gave up, just laying on my board. "This is too much." I panted. "I hate surfing." I wasn't too patient with learning new things. He laughed beside me, again sitting on his board. "Thanks for trying to teach me though." I sat up too, avoiding the waves that were hitting my face.

"It was my pleasure. You are very funny." He smiled again and winked, making my entire heart melt. "But you shouldn't give up. Everyone struggles with this at first. How about you just catch your breath and we go again?" He placed his hand on my thigh sending warm tingles throughout my body. I was glad he still even wanted to teach me.

"Thanks, but we have a lot of stuff to do today." Clyde's voice shocked me, since I managed to forget he was also here. I looked at him, and he looked pissed to say the least.

"You okay?" I asked him, paddling towards him. He stayed quiet. "Yeah, I think it's time to call it quits." I said to Zach who frowned a bit, but he made his way out with us. We went back to the surf shack in complete silence.

"Come back if you can." Zach winked at me as I gave him my board. I smiled and nodded my head. Clyde came over to me, putting his hand on the small of my back and leading us out.

"What's wrong?" I asked Clyde as soon as we left the shack. I was frowning now, hoping he wasn't planning on canceling our day.

"I don't like that guy." He stated simply, still walking to our stuff. That confused me. That was his issue? I was thinking it was about me.

Then the ends of my mouth curled up into a wicked smile as realization washed over me. "Were you jealous?"

He completely stopped walking, and I almost slammed into him, but I stopped in time and took a step back. He turned around looking completely incredulous. "What? No." He said firmly, his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Aw, was little Clyde jealous of being left out of all the surfing fun?" He turned back around and kept walking, I had to double my step to keep in line with him.

"Alex, I was not jealous of your little play time." We made it to our stuff and Clyde put on his shirt. I put on mine as well. We were already dry from te sun.

"Sure." I shrugged it off. I still knew the truth. "So what are we gonna do now?" I asked tossing my tote over my shoulder. "Oh wait I know!" I raised my hand, but put it down feeling slightly stupid. He wasn't a teacher. He smirked at my childish behavior. "Um," I rubbed the back of my neck, "Can we go get some souvenirs? I promised Dani I'd bring her something."

"Sure." He swung his towel around his neck again and we headed off to the shops. There wasn't a boardwalk, but there was some type of plaza area beyond our hotel. Everything was outside, and it was like a flea market of miniature stores. We went into one and I found the perfect thing for Dani. It was a flowly wrap skirt that had orange flowers. It reminded me of her personality. And then I found some ear plugs and had a good laugh as I bought it.

"Why are ear plugs funny?" Clyde finished his browsing and came over to me.

"Dani always has to listen to her loud family. She's going to love this." The luck of finding some here was random but there were so many different shops. I found this with some car parts.

We left the huddle of shops and moved along the side of a tropical mountain. The palm trees were spectactular and I would love to live here! But I can't imagine too many people going on vacation to Hawaii and not wanting to live here. There was so much bright greenery and exotic plants.

"I love it here." I smiled up at Clyde, glad for my huge sunglasses to block the sunlight.

"Yeah, it's really beautiful here." We kept walking, along with some locals walking around. "You want some ice cream?" A man was sitting down behind a small ice cream cart.

"That would be great." It was really hot, and some coldness would do me justice. "I want vanilla." I told him as we approached the man.

"One vanilla, one chocolate." Clyde got out his wallet and paid as the man handed us the cones.

"Thanks." I said to Clyde, and went to work on my ice cream. It was a lot creamier from the ice cream at home and so much tastier. I found a seat on the floor at the base of the incredible mountain and Clyde joined me.

I finished my cone first, being truly fat and I looked over at Clyde. He looked back at me and winked before looking straight out. Stupid cute wink. I blushed despite myself and I couldn't help feeling really amazing. I felt so peaceful and happy. I could be doing nothing at all in that moment, but I don't think I ever felt so incredible.

"Look over there." Clyde pointed and I followed his finger, squinting to see what he meant.

"What?"

He stood up, and I followed, sitll trying to see it. "There's a small art museum over there." I finally saw what he meant. I had been looking to high up.

"Oh! Let's go." I lead the way over, he right beside me.

We walked in, to find only about two people also there. They were obviously tourists like us, just viewing the sights. We went into this one area that had these miniature sculptures and some paintings. I found one of a lei that was painted with all of the colors of the rainbow. "This one is so cute."  Clyde came over and looked at me. "What?"

"Cute? Really?" He smirked down at me. I poked him in his stupid dimple.

"Yes, cute."

"Why do you always poke my dimples? You don't see me poking you!" He said and actually started poking me. He poked my nose, my forehead, my cheeks, my hair, my chin, and my shoulders.

"Stop it!" I complained and started poking him back. It grew into a full on poking war, neither of us being able to block and poke at the same time. Then Clyde started to tickle me. "No!" I whisper squealed and walked backwards trying to get away. That was a cheap shot.

"Come here." He was laughing too, but my laughter was against my will. My back bumped against something and I quickly turned around. Everything happened in slow motion as the stone block, holding the mini clay totem pole was falling. I grabbed the stone block as well as Clyde and we got it to stand back up, but I couldn't say the same for the figure. It fell and broke straight in two.

Clyde's face mimicked mine, with wide eyes and our mouths open in a perfect O.

"Sh!t." Clyde said and grabbed the two pieces. He put it back on its holder in the stone, and it looked fine, except for the crack that you could only notice if you knew it was there. He stepped back slowly as to not drop it. My heart was beating fast. I didn't want to get in trouble in Hawaii. "Come on!" Clyde whisper yelled and grabbed my hand.

We quickly walked out of the museum without a word and started running. "In the mountain!" Clyde said and pulled me along faster. We ran up a little way, avoiding bushes and plants. There was a huge tree with a cavelike hollow and we ran into it.

Clyde started laughing as I freaked out. "We are going to get in so much trouble!" I grabbed at my hair. I didn't like the feeling of having done something bad, even if it was an accident. We shouldn't have been messing around.

"Calm down." Clyde pulled my hand down to him, which caused me to sit down on his lap. The hollow was only so big, and it was very dark. I felt slightly claustrophobic, being in such close proximities with him.

I was sitting on his lap, with his arms lightly around my waist. My heartbeat quickened as I felt our faces getting closer together. What the hell was happening? Oh Em Gee was he going to kiss me? Holy Sh!t. My eyes had gotten adjusted to the low light, and indeed his face was inching towards mine. Did I want this? I don't like Clyde.

His grip around my waist tightened and I mechanically placed my arms around his neck. I do want this. I do like Clyde. My eyes closed, I love-

My phone rang loudly in my pocket causing me to jump back in horror. I stood up swiftly, grabbing at my phone. It was my mom. "Hello?" I asked as I picked up. I was breathing hard as if I ran a marathon or two, and my heartbeat was going a zillion miles per millisecond.

"Alex! I don't know if you and Clyde got to the hotel yet, but Brenda and I are going to this Hawaiian dance place. So don't wait up. There's money for you guys to get dinner. Are you having fun?" I could hear the smile in her voice, I walked out of the hollow, still trying to calm my mind.

"Yeah, and that's cool. Have fun." I forgot to say goodbye as I hung up my phone. I placed it in my pocket and Clyde came out of the hollow as well. The closest thing in my mind just 5 minutes ago, was the sculpture we broke. Now that was the farthest thing from my mind. I knew my face was red, but the trees had managed to make it dark, especially the big one over top of us. "The moms are going out, and there's money for food at the hotel." I said to Clyde, not looking at him.

"Alright," His voice sounded harsh, and he cleared it before continuing, "I guess we should head back then."

"Okay." I really hoped that this wouldn't make things awkward between us. But did he really want to kiss me? Or was it just in the moment?

Did I really want to kiss him? Although I was always one to overthink everything, there was one thing that I couldn't deny myself that held absolutely true. I did.

Author's Note: Hahaha. I'm such a moment ruiner. And Clyde has always been the jealous and overprotective type eh? You like? Or maybe just a bit dislike with things not happening?

Comment & Vote, next chapter will be up in a day or 2 or 3. It's already written. Just gotta actually upload it.