Chapter 12

I was feeling a lot better the next day. Sleep was a magical thing after previously crying your eyes out. I left bright and early to Rick's house, since he said he would make some breakfast. So much for my pizza.

I left a note for my parents, seeing that I wasn't sure when I'd be home. I walked over to his house, even though he lived far from my house. It was a good walk and I was feeling refreshed. I wore some sweatpants and the tank top from last night, finished off with some sneakers.

I decided to be comfy since I knew Rick wasn't one to mind appearance. He always looked dapper himself, but was a personality type of guy. I got there and rang the doorbell, waiting patiently on his porch.

"Alex!" He exclaimed and gave me a hug. "I don't know how you did it, but you are right on time." He walked in and I followed. His house was plain. Nothing too special, but it gave a very welcoming atmosphere. Seeing how Dani had such a packed house with people and siblings, I'd prefer coming here. And even when we all hung out, it was hardly ever at Dani's house.

I sat down in the dining room, where he told me to wait. I felt my phone buzz and unlocked it. It was from Clyde. Why the hell is he texting me?

You're not home. Where are you? His message said. What the hell was wrong with him? Did he really think I would want to talk to him after how he was last night? He's so bipolar it's really irritating.

I put my phone in my pocket, just in time that Rick came out. He set down the plates and drinks. He didn't hold any in his mouth. It was scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and hashbrowns. It looked super good especially with the orange juice on the side.

I smiled at him and grabbed my fork. "I'm so glad I waited to eat here!" I said and started shoveling the food in my mouth like I hadn't eaten in ages. We ate in mostly silence. It was different from when Clyde made me sandwiches. Woah Alex! Don't think about that stupid child.

My phone buzzed again and I quickly checked it under the table. Are you at your boyfriend's house? Did you get kidnapped? I rolled my eyes and closed out of the message. What gave him the idea that after being mean to someone, he could just ignore it and act like things were fine? No apologies or anything! Things did not work that way.

"What's wrong?" Rick asked and got up to put away the dishes. I followed behind him.

"Nothing. Just a stupid text." I said not trying to talk about it. I'm sure complaining about Clyde to Rick wasn't the best option.

Amazingly, he didn't pry into it and led me to the living room. We watched some movies, and my phone was non-stop. I was recieving text after text! I didn't bother to open them, but I was getting terribly annoyed.

I was sitting on a different couch than Rick, and we were watching some action movies. It's not that I didn't like action movies, I just wasn't able to get into it. Halfway through the third movie I was feeling really bored and annoyed. My phone buzzed again and I pretended to open and read it.

"Hey, my parent's are home and they want me there. I'll see you later?" I lied and felt slightly bad. I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to say I'm bored and these text messages are pissing me off so I think I'm gonna leave.

"Oh, alright. You want me to take you home?" He paused the movie and got up.

"No don't bother. I want to walk." I said and started to make my way to the door. I could tell he didn't like that, but he knew me well and when I said it, I meant it. I wasn't one to not take handouts because I didn't want to be a bother. If I wanted the ride I would have said so. But I was feeling pretty off-set, and a walk would cool me down.

He led me out the door and with a hug I was on my way. After walking down the steps of his porch a thought stuck me. Rick was an incredible friend. Did I really think of him more than that?

A loud horn startled me out of my thought, causing me to trip and fall. Well sh!t. I got up and looked sideways to see Clyde and Julian chilling in Clyde's car. Julian was holding back a laugh while Clyde had none other than his dead face.

I gave them the finger and continued walking. I heard the doors open and looked back to see them get out of the car. I started running, really not in the mood to talk to Clyde or Julian at that moment, but after turning a corner I was being grabbed from behind and lifted up by Clyde.

"What the hell!?!" I wailed, flailing my arms, "Let go of me!" I demanded and Julian started laughing now. Did they know they were basically kidnapping me?

"I had been texting your @ss nonstop for the past couple of hours. I thought something bad happened to you." Bullsh!t. He wouldn't have waited outside of Rick's house if he thought something bad happened. And how did he even know where he lived?

He threw me into the back of his car and they both got in. I thought about jumping out, but even I wasn't one to get that dramatic. "This is kidnap." I said putting on my seatbelt. Safety first right?

"Why didn't you text me back?" Clyde ignored my statement.

"Or me!" Julian added. I hadn't even known he texted me.

"I'm sorry Julian, I didn't know you texted. I hardly looked at my phone." I looked directly at Julian, ignoring Clyde.

"I can't be mad at you for too long mi amor." He looked at me and winked. Maybe I blushed a bit. Maybe. "Let's go to Taco Bell, Clyde. I'm hungry." He whined, and I laughed. He was such a funny person in general.

"Fine." Clyde's tone was an angry one. Not surprising. "You're coming too." He looked at me through the rearview mirror.

"YAY!" I said honestly. I liked food. And one of them would obviously be paying for me. So where's the issue in that?

We pulled into Taco Bell and I hurried out of the car. I walked in, before either of them, and waited in line, looking at all my options. "I want a Chalupa, and cinnamon twists." I said to no one in particular.

"Kay." Clyde said, and I went to get a seat. I found one next to the window, and waited there watching their backs as they ordered. They came over and Clyde handed me my food. Him and Julian sat across from me. Well it's my fault since I didn't scoot over to give any of them room to come next to me.

"Where's my drink?" I asked, realizing there were only two cups filled with liquid.

"You didn't ask." Clyde went to take a sip out of his cup, followed by Julian. They thought they were cute. Not funny.

"It was a given." I frowned, and watched as they drank some more. "So can I get one?" I asked after they placed their cups down and started unwrapping their tacos.

"No one's stopping you." A smirk appeared on Clyde's face and I knew he was enjoying this little game of his.

I made a long outward sigh and started unwrapping my chalupa. I left my money at home. These people were really terrible.

"You want some of mine?" Julian smirked holding out his cup, thinking he was funny too. But I wasn't afraid of cooties. Well, then again, this boy is probably a huge whore.

"Fine." I snatched the cup out of his hand, giving him no time to protest. I opened the lid, realizing I was maybe a tad bit afraid of his germs, and took a drink. I made a satisfied sigh, and handed him his cup back. "Thanks darling." I said with a smile and continued to eat. I could play the big boy games too.

Both of their smirks faded as I felt mine grow. 1 point for me. "So Julian, have you decided if you want to do a powerpoint or a poster?" I moved over in the seat to be completely in front of Julian, ignoring Clyde. I was still really upset with what he did, and for blowing up my phone with his stupid texts.

"Well, I ain't too artsy, so I'd prefer the powerpoint. Unless you can draw?" He replied, and I knew he wasn't playing along with Clyde's jokes anymore.

"Nope. The powerpoint sounds perfect." I responded.

For the rest of our meal, I continued talking to Julian, disregarding Clyde's presence. We laughed and everything, leaving Clyde to stay quiet. Good, he deserved it. We left and dropped Julian off at home and made our way to our block. I hopped to the front seat, and buckled in.

It was pretty silent, and I didn't want him to think I was even moderately alright with him. "So," I started, just a bit nervous. I knew he wouldn't react well, but I had to say something. "Don't ever text me like that again." I said sternly, looking out the window.

"Then reply." He stated back simply.

Now I turned my entire body towards him. Is he serious? "I don't have to respond, and I can't say I am too happy with you after last night." I quietly stated, honestly. We made it to my house and he turned the engine off. I gave him a confused look.

"What the hell are you talking about? I didn't do sh!t to you last night!" He nearly screamed. This boy must be delusional.

"You got all angry and threw a damn tantrum!" I yelled back. My tempered flared and tears stung the back of my eyes. It was my body's reaction whenever I got peeved. Stupid, but I was too pissed to care at the moment.

"Because you're always crying! That doesn't solve anything, by the way." His eyes became dangerous, and I knew he was angry too. He had such a short fuse.

"I know that!" I practically screamed, and I felt the tears stream down my face now.

"So then why the f#ck are you always crying? It's so childish." That really got to me.

"I'm childish? Really?" I scoffed. "You're one to talk. You have temper tantrums all the time, and I never know when your happy or not!" I took a breath, shaking bad. But I didn't want to give him the chance to talk back. "I've only been trying to be your friend, but you just keep acting like a jerk!" I wailed, the tears not letting up.

"I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations." He sneered sarcastically.

"I hate you." I whispered, trembling.

He got close to my face, our noses almost touching. "Good." He smirked evilly.

My temper took the better of me and I just reacted. My hand came forward and slapped him across the face. I opened the door and ran out towards my house. Luckily it was open and I sprinted straight through into my room, probably leaving my parents surprised.

I cried even worse now, more pissed at myself. I can't just go around hitting people. What was wrong with me? I heard my door open after a soft knock and I pushed my face into my pillow. "Go away." I mumbled into the pillow, probably not being comprehended.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I heard my dad say, sitting at the foot of my bed, placing his hand on my back.

I lifted my head to respond, "Your species is stupid, and the fact that I cry for everything." I dropped my face back into my pillow. I know he was saying some comforting words back, but I chose to ignore him.

I can't even believe I tried to be friends with Clyde twice. I told myself not to try again after the first time. And even in my rotten mood I couldn't help remember his sweet side. No, it wasn't worth it. I hated crying and that's all I got with him.

Author's Note: Good-Bad-Good-Bad, it's a never ending cycle!!!

Spoiler Alert!: This cycle will probably continue but maybe more gradual?

Do you think she should try being his friend again? Tell me your honest thoughts.

And the next chapter is written, if you simply click the vote button it will be up soon. In fact I'll put it today with some votes. I love all you readers ;D