Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I could tell it was morning even before I'd opened my eyes; the bright sunlight noticeable even through my closed eyelids. Based on the loud chirping of the birds that came from outside; I deduced that it was probably already eight, as ever since I'd been living in Logan's territory, those birds had acted as a natural alarm clock for me every morning when they made noise outside my window.

Logan's memory aside; I'd had a peaceful sleep the night before. I kept my eyes closed as I buried my head into the warm wall beside me; prepared to continue sleeping. As I was dozing off, somebody pushed me so hard I fell off of the bed. I landed on the floor in a heap; my legs tangled in the sheets that had fallen with me. Before I could get up, someone grabbed me around the neck.

Their hold wasn't tight enough to cause me any distress but firm enough to keep me from moving. When I opened my eyes; Logan was squinting in the bright sunlight above me. "What the hell are you doing here?!" He demanded; his eyes turning dark. I then realised that the warm wall from earlier had probably been him and that my snuggling into the side of his body had probably been what woke him up.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I pulled at his hand that began to tighten, cutting off my oxygen supply. "Logan, loosen up. I can't breathe!" I gasped out. I pulled at his hold as he continued to tighten his grasp; making me panic. Just as I was starting to see black dots in my vision; his hold loosened enough for me to get a proper breath of air.

"Start explaining before I do that again." He said menacingly. "You have thirty seconds."

At first I thought he was joking but his expression told me otherwise. "I'll explain when you let me go." I said; happy that my voice was firm. All that was running through my head then was that I had to get as far away from him as possible in case he saw his mark on my neck; or even worse, mine on his. He would go ballistic; and a pissed off, powerful Alpha was not safe to be around; whether he was my mate or not.

He squeezed my neck again. "Now, Chelsea. I'm not kidding, I will choke you."

I narrowed my eyes at him; sparing a second to glance down at my mark on his neck. "Choke me if you want to, but you won't get an explanation. I'm not kidding either, Logan. Let me go." I replied; enjoying the feeling of his name on my tongue. He glared at me with his dark eyes for a second before he released me. I scurried away from him as fast as I could; making sure to push my hair against my neck to hide his mark, before I did.

He stood up and crossed his arms; the muscles under his skin tightening. That sight instantly made me long to feel his body pressed against mine; like it had been last night. I buried those thought away as soon as they came; reminding myself that our bond was stronger now; which meant that he would be able to read my emotions much better than he used to. "Do you remember anything from last night?" I asked; trying to judge how much damage control the situation required.

He frowned as he closed his eyes; grabbing his temple as he tried to remember with the killer hangover he probably had as a result of all he had drunk the night before. "I remember going out with Ethan." He finally said; his tone the usual way it sounded around me; cold. "I can't remember anything past the shots."

"Well, you came home drunk and you couldn't remember anything. Ethan and I had to bring you up here because you were way too drunk to even stand up by yourself." I grabbed the hair that covered my neck as my eyes drifted to the ground as I told him the next part. "Ethan had to leave to take care of some pack business, so I took care of you for the rest of the night; and that's it." I said; avoiding eye contact as I lied to his face.

When I looked up, he was frowning at me. "You're lying." He snapped. He stalked over to me and grabbed me by the arm so I couldn't go anywhere. "Tell me the truth." He ordered.