Chapter 23

Okay....so I decided to publish this a little earlier cause the last chappie took so long ^ ^ Enjoy everyone :)

Chapter 23

Logan growled under his breath at the interruption; his eyes immediately darkening as he turned his head to glare at Ethan. I gripped his hand tighter as he moved to stand up; probably intending to attack his poor Beta who was only now noticing our earlier position.

When I did, my mate turned back to me. I gave him a small, genuine smile; the happiness at the thought of what was about to happen, making it effortless to do so. At the sight of my grin, his eyes returned to grey; some of the tension in his shoulders disappearing. “I’m sorry Alpha, I hadn’t realised-” Ethan began.

Logan only put a hand up to stop him from talking; the way he clenched his jaw expressing his irritation towards his Beta at that moment. Good to know I’m not the only one. I said to myself as I also worked on not throttling Ethan right there and then for ruining the moment.

“Alpha, Alpha Jake is still waiting out front.” Ethan reminded him after a while; his tone sounding very hesitant.

Logan seemed to have gotten a hold over his anger before he nodded briskly and stood up; our still intertwined fingers forcing me up as he brought me with him. He didn’t seem to have any intention of letting my hand go as he rushed to the front door. I trailed as far behind him as possible with our joined hands; running my fingers through my hair a few times with my free one as I worked on getting all the strands in place.

My mate stopped at the front door and stood stiffly as he waited for me to arrive beside him. When I did, I peeped out from behind him and found my brother and his Beta on the other side of the doorway. I gently untangled my fingers from his grasp. He squeezed my hand once more before he sighed; rather unwillingly releasing my hand.

My eyes met his for a quick moment as I flashed him another smile; the need to soothe some of my mate’s distress consuming my wolf as I stared into his tired face. When I turned to look at my brother, he was busy speaking to Dylan. The moment my eyes landed on him; I also noticed all the Blood Moon Pack members that surrounded the two of them.

I couldn't really blame them for being defensive seeing as my brother seemed to have brought half of the Delaney Pack with him; who were now falling into position around the Blood Moon Pack members.

I squeezed myself through the small gap between my mate’s large frame and the doorway and flung myself at Jake; ignoring the stares of the people around us. “Jake! You got here quick!” I said; hugging him as tightly as I could. When I pulled back, he was grinning down at me. “So now I have your attention?” I said jokingly.

“Glad you’re so happy to see me!” He said; a genuine smile on his face.

Dylan coughed from beside him. “Nice to see you too, Chelsea.” He said sarcastically.

I laughed at his fake pout. I gave him a hug too; despite the fact that my mate was right behind me. “Yeah, nice to see you too!” I said enthusiastically. Logan surprisingly didn’t say anything as I stood in front of him embracing another male.

I pulled away from Dylan and returned to my mate’s side; his face showing his relief at my doing so. He gripped my waist possessively as he pulled me closer to his side. “How long are you all staying?” I ask; trying my best to remain composed as the rush of happiness I felt at being so close to my mate after what felt like such a long period of being apart, surged through my body.

“We have to return tomorrow.” Jake answered. “So we’re just here ‘till tomorrow morning. Um, we brought a few people along, obviously.” The moment he said that, Sam; the she-wolf that had been at my birthday celebration, ran up from behind him.