Chapter 15

Here you go everyone...thanks for waiting!! :)

Chapter 15

My wolf was prepared to attack if the person behind me decided to harm us; my claws already making an appearance. "If I let you go, are you going to scream?" The person behind me asked. "I really can't tolerate any screaming right now." I exhaled in relief when I recognised Ethan's voice and shook my head. He lifted his hand and I peered behind me. Ethan had his eyes narrowed at me. "Luna, can you move? I need to get in; I haven't slept all night." He said; before side-stepping me to get to his door.

I glared at his back; even though I knew he couldn't see me and crossed my arms. "That's all you have to say?! I almost had a fucking heart attack!" He unlocked the door and threw the thing open; trudging inside before turning to motion for me to get in. I growled in frustration at his lack of response at my remark and stalked into his house.

"Is there a reason you're here, Luna? Not that I mind your fabulous company." He said; his tone a mixture of exhaustion and sarcasm.

I walked into his living room and threw my butt onto his comfortable black couch. "Aw, is that the best welcome you can give your Luna this morning?" I asked in mock happiness; my tone so sweet it made me sick. I narrowed my eyes at him; my expression changing into one of anger in a second. "You know, considering the fact that you scared the shit out of me when you decided to go kidnapper on me outside! Did you really have to clamp your hand over my mouth like that?!" I snapped.

He took a seat on a black armchair across from me and laid his forefinger on his chin before he smirked; not at all affected by my outburst. "Hmm, judging by how jumpy you were outside; I'm guessing you're here because you did something that Logan probably won't like." He said before he crossed his arms; a smug expression on his face. "So spill it already, what was it?" He muttered; using one of his hands to rub his eyes. He suddenly froze; probably from finally noticing my scent.

You see when a wolf is marked; his or her scent changes. It's like a little of your mate's scent will cling and combine with yours and vice versa. The thing was; to you, your mate would smell completely the same; just a lot more compelling as the bond would've gotten stronger. The only ones that would be able to sense the new scent from the marking process were other wolves because it acted as a way of informing other shifters that you already belonged to someone. Because my mate was an Alpha, the scent was even more apparent, which was why Henry was able to sense I was Logan's mate very easily in the forest.

Ethan's eyes lost all of their earlier tiredness as they snapped up to look at me; completely alert. "What is that smell?!" He demanded.

"That's what I came here about." I said; pulling the collar of my sweater down so he could see the mark.

He stared at my neck like another head had popped out of it for a few minutes before he finally managed to rip his eyes away. He looked up at me with a disbelieving look on his face. Shock filled me when his expression turned into one of extreme anger. "What is that?!" He yelled; his eyes darkening.

I expected anger from Logan; because to put it frankly; he didn't like me, but I couldn't understand why Ethan was reacting this way. "What does it look like?!" I snapped; narrowing my eyes at him. His odd behaviour had me pissed off because the only conclusion I could come up with was that he didn't approve of me being Logan's mate.

"Whose mark is that?!" He demanded.

My eyes widened as realisation dawned on me; he thought someone else had marked me. I began to laugh; the thought of how wrong his assumption had been, seeming very funny to me, especially because of how badly he'd reacted. He just watched me laugh; probably thinking that I had gone off the deep end. When I finally calmed down enough to talk; he was sitting beside me, holding a hand to my forehead. "What are you doing?!"