Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Just a quick warning: This chapter contains sexual material. That is all :)

My mate's back was to the door; unintentionally giving me the perfect opportunity to change my mind, turn around and leave. "Stop that!" My wolf growled. I forced my legs forward as I moved in the most sultry way I could manage.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't look completely ridiculous as I felt my hips sway at a slow pace with my light steps. As I got closer, it looked as if my mate was on the phone; already finishing up as I heard him mutter a soft 'goodbye' to whoever was on the other line.

My wolf felt incredibly proud as Logan turned; his eyes widening slightly as he took in my form. Her emotions filled me with a little confidence that served to replace some of my anxiety. Despite the nervousness that remained, I managed a lopsided smile to flash at my mate; earning the satisfaction of watching his Adam's Apple bob up and down subtly as he swallowed.

"Happy birthday to you" I sang, inching closer with every line. "Happy birthday to you." I sighed inwardly as I managed to keep my voice from quivering; running the tips of my fingers accross the surface of his table as I walked along its side.

"Happy birthday, my dear Alpha." I was right in front of him now; leaning on the table as I bent forward to press my hands onto the armrests of his chair. I moved my face within an inch of his. "Happy birthday to" I saw his darkened eyes for a second before I was laying flat against the table; his body pressing into mine as his dark, intense gaze bore into my surprised green eyes. "you." I finished in more of a gasp than a whisper; his hands around my wrists keeping my arms on the table.

He didn't say anything before his lips were roughly moving against mine. I ripped my arms out of his grasp and wrapped my hands around the back of his head; forcing him closer. Despite my protests, he managed to pull away a few seconds later. "No, we can't do this." He mumbled; his voice thick with lust as he was trying with all his might to push himself off of the table and away from me.

I grabbed one of his arms and yanked him back; my mate not having any other choice but to comply with my wishes as I heard his wolf growling to be closer to me. "Why not?" I whispered; pressing a kiss to my mark on his neck. I felt his excitement against my thigh. I looked up at him through my lashes as I continued a slow trail of kisses up his neck.

He managed to push himself away this time; taking a step back as he continued to resist me. I pushed myself up onto my elbows; cocking my head to the side as I watched him struggle against his wolf, wanting so badly to have him back on me. "Chelsea, you have to get out! Right now! I won't have control over myself for much longer." He growled.

I flashed him a taunting smirk; despite the uneven pace of my heart hammering inside my chest, as I sat up and slid off of the table. "I don't want you to try to control it." I whispered; every word sliding effortlessly off of my lips like water running over a stone.

My mate's canines appeared as his wolf continued to force against Logan's restraints. He shook his head. "Stop that." He growled. "Get out right now! I won't tell you again!" I felt the intense force that came with his next words as they rang in his Alpha tone. "I don't want you here! Go away!"

His words cut deep into my heart; too close to all the verbal abuse he had thrown my way before. I felt my face crumple with the pain as a tear slid down my cheek. Logan stiffened when he noticed that single drop making its way to my chin. My hand flew up to my chest as it tightened; ducking my head to hide my glossy eyes. "You, don't want me?" I mumbled in a soft, hoarse whisper; every word a harsh slap to my face.

I told you that this would happen! I snapped at my wolf; feeling her pain trickling into me and mingling with mine. She didn't respond as she tucked into herself and whined softly. I nodded to myself while still keeping my gaze on the floor as I slowly came to grasps with my situation.