Chapter 4 ~ I Love The Smell of Burning Oranges In the Mid-afternoon

I sat in the bed, and Matt held out a tray of food to me. I turned away.

"You haven't eaten anything in a while. You need to eat, _____." He said, worry in his voice.

"I don't want anything from someone like you." I hissed. My glare received a look of confusion from him.

"What...are you angry? What for?" Matt was intelligent, I'd give him that. A normal guy would only notice if you threw it in his face. Of course, that's where the intelligence stopped. He should know what he did.

He broke my-

Wait. I'm not going to finish that sentence. There is no way I am in-

Screw it!

I wrenched the tray from his hands, to his suprise. "I'm fine. Perfectly fine. I just didn't want to eat a minute ago." I forced a smile, and began wolfing down the food.

I then pulled the covers over my head, closing my eyes. He didn't move from his spot, just looked down at me.

"Are you really okay? I mean, before, you were complaining about how everything was boring and that we needed to do something or have something in this room- you didn't just stop talking to me. You don't stop talking- it's you." He rested a hand where my shoulder was, and I ripped the covers off and pushed him off of the bed.

"Don't fucking touch me, Matt!" I yelled. I then slumped back into the bed.

I heard the voice of an electronic helper.

"How may I help you, Matt?"

"Viri. Can you please search reasons for pet depression?"

Fucking Matt.

"Searching, How to neuter your pet yourself!"

"No, Viri! Pet depression!" He yelled.

"Searching, animal porn."

"I don't want this on my history! Stop it!"

"Searching, Hitler Worship Cults."

"How does that even add up to what I just said?"

'Searching for penis enlargement products."

"Viri, stop!" His british voice cracked.

I've only known him for all of 4 days in person.

I've known him online as R4gnor0k, and #1 on the game arena list, for two years.

I've known him to jeer at me, bully me, call me a noob and get his fans to attack me verbally.

Why would I want to be involved with a punk like that? Someone like that just needs to get his ass kicked. And hard, too. 

"Look, I have no idea what's wrong with you." Matt snapped, cross from Viri's mistakes. He walked over to me, grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of my bed. He pulled me to the door.

"Where the fuck are you taking me?! If you don't let go of me, you're going to be sorry-" He pressed a button, and a secret door popped up, opening. 

"Leave, please." He gestured to the door. "Here's your stuff, and this thing." He threw me my bracelet. He wasn't gentle about it, either. "I don't want a defective pet that doesn't listen to me. And besides, I have a girlfriend. I wasn't thinking when I brought you here." 

I was speechless. I then slapped him, and stormed out of the door.

The door closed behind me. 

Matt held his face, sliding down the door and sitting on the floor. He held back a cry, not because his face was stinging, but because his heart was hurting, irrevocably.