Chapter 7 ~ The Saints; Fucking My Life Up Worse

I awoke to being alone. It made me feel uncomfortable. I didn't like being alone.

On the bedside table, a small note resided.

"It'll be around 10 when you're awake. The Saints have a plan to assassinate Killbane, and we have a plan to stop them- at a really intimidating time, too. Turn on the T.V. if you want to watch- Video Chat is just a click away." I read aloud. Matt really thought of everything, except for food.... which I wanted. I grabbed the remote, turning on the T.V.

Matt sat in a room, in a chair of some sort. He was typing away, his fingers clacking against the keyboard fast. His blue eyes were focused on the screen in front of him.

A helicopter appeared, and Matt selected a folder. A pop-up appeared, asking Matt if he'd really like to do this.

"Of course I want to do this. If Killbane dies, I'm probably dead anyways." He hit the enter button. The helicopter spun out of the sky, and Matt began laughing hysterically. "The cyber god strikes again! Matt - 2, Saints - 0!"

Instantly, he brought up another screen. 

"I see you're awake, ____." Matt smirked. "I was waiting."

"Matt." I said, solemnly. His face fell.

"Are you...okay?" He asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked, giving him a smile. He seemed uncertain, but he smiled back.

"...okay. Anyways, how would you like to leave this room?" He asked, his eyes glittering on the glitchy T.V. screen. 

"I'd first like to ask if you're joking. Then, I'd like to ask you to potentially free me from your little contract." I crossed my arms, looking at the screen. Matt laughed.

"A cyber god needs followers, ____. So I'm not letting you go." 

Matt had changed overnight. I was a pet, and now I was nothing more than a Decker foot-soldier. How is it possible to  be demoted in such a short time?

"Also, I need a personal pet. After all, the Decker empire is going to just keep growing. When I'm rich, and girls are all over me, I'll have you to repel them." He said, cockily. Now I was bitch-repellent. I would so get back at him for this. Matt had transformed from slightly sweet to a cocky, British bastard overnight. Was it because of his previous actions? Did he mask his shame with cocky remarks? "You'll be my personal bitch repellent." 

Fucking Matt.

"I'm going to hurt you, Matt." I growled. The door opened, and Deckers filed in.

"Not if I can help it." He replied. "See you at our destination." 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I was in a park. Deckers surrounded it. Matt walked towards me, hands in his pockets.

"Looks pretty, no?" He remarked. I nodded, but still didn't acknowledge his existence. "Good." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a hug- I was so shocked, I didn't have time to react. "Because I bought it for you." 

What? 

What do you even on seven levels?

He bought a park for me- someone who has struggled with money their entire lives- where the fuck does Matt get off? 

Don't answer that. 

Please.

I turned to him.

"Matt, we need to talk. You can't do this." His blue eyes went from happy to confused. 

"What do you mean? Buy you things?" Oh, god...he didn't understand at all, did he? Everything to do with a relationship and first impressions.