Chapter 22 ~ Kinzie's Safeword Doesn't Work

I blinked myself to conciousness. The earth glitched around me.

"_____, can you hear me?" Matt's voice rang through my ears.

"Well; yeah. I can... so, I'm gonna head over to the Broken Shellieligh..." I muttered. I felt a little depressed... scratch that, a lot depressed.

"Um, okay..." Matt sounded slightly confused- maybe he was picking up on my adittude.

"Hurry the fuck up and give me details, Matt..." I said, weakly. There was definitely something wrong with me- whatever was stirring inside me felt alien.

I thought of Matt's lips against mine, and then I recalled the blood. It felt like a dream, but it felt so real, and so good. That memory that was dancing around in the back of my mind had the memory of the pain, too; it was like getting shredded through like bullets, but that one moment in my mind felt worth the pain to the point of reliving it over and over.

"Get a hold of yourself. You're a god damn Saint, not a daydreamer." I muttered to myself, while Matt was off doing something. I began to head to the Sheilliegh. The sidewalk felt almost real; like walling on real pavement. My heels clicked across the surface, and there were few people on the street. I was wearing a warm coat, with fur lining the hood- the air was moist and there were puddles of water on the ground.

Acting like a normal NPC seemed to make the Zin disregard me; however, the moment I had a gun or made a strange movement that was unlike the other NPCS, they'd open fire, no matter who it killed. I looked both ways before crossing the street; not much was changed. It was exactly like the real thing, 5 years ago.

The first time I met Matt, he drained my bank account, almost killed me and Kinzie, and countless more unforgivable things.

Second time, he was with Asha and attempted to blow up USA and me, which makes him a terrorist.

An emo terrorist.

He prefers cyber punk, but we all know what Matt is.

I was close to The Broken Shellieligh. The houses had morphed into buildings and sky-high towers while I was busy thinking, and there was a fully functioning traffic flow.

I looked both ways again, and glided across the road. Matt was still unavailable; made me wonder what he was doing.

Finally, the voice appeared in my head once more. I almost lost my breath.

Regret.

But what did I regret?

I couldn't remember.

Take the chance.

What chance?

I shut out the voices in the back of my head and focused solely on the voice triggering these memories that weren't mine at all.

"Hey, so, um... once you get out, we have some stuff to talk about..." Matt said, sheepishly.

"Um, yeah. Okay." I replied awkwardly.

"Anyways, head on in- Kinzie should be waiting for you." Matt's voice went out like a candle in the wind.

I took one step through the door and I felt like I was being torn apart, a worse pain than being shot. Twice. In the knee. With an arrow. Twice.

I reformed, in a corridor.

"Kinzie is at the end of that corridor." Matt said. "There's nothing else there. I can't see beyond the corridor."

I began to walk down the corridor, reaching for the door handle.

"____!" Matt choked out. I felt like he was reaching for me. "Just..be careful. I don't know what's behind that door, even with my expert hacking skills."

"I'm pretty sure that means you suck at whatever you're doing, Matt." Before he could protest, I wrenched open the door and dived in.

What I saw would potentially scar me for life.

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

"Tea cup! Tea cup!" I screamed.

Kinzie's safe word did NOT work.

At all.

___________

Cliffhanger

That's right. I did that to you xD

It's like 11:30 and next Friday I'm getting my NEW LAPTOP WHICH MEANS NEW CHAPTERS EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you bear it for a little longer?

Trying to give you as much as possible.♡

♤♡◇♧ The White Rabbit ♧◇♡♤