Chapter 14 ~ Does. Not. Compute.

As I woke up from the interesting events from last night, I realized I was on the floor. Matt was on the bed.

"What am I doing on the floor, Matt?"

"You're on a time-out."

"Don't say that in such a British voice. Your English accent is throwing me off."

"English and British aren't the same thing!"

"Close enough." I muttered. "Anyway, was what I did really all that bad?"

"Yes!" Matt hissed.

"You owe me a favour."

"I won the bet." Matt announced. "Which means you owe me a favour."

"I don't owe you jack shit." I said, standing up. Matt covered his eyes. "Exactly. Boom. You already almost sued me last night, so you remember that thing?"

"What thing?" Matt asked.

"I'd take your virginity but I'd kill you within the next hour." I grabbed my gun from the bedside table and pointed it at Matt. He dove out of the way, just in time for fluff from the bed to be shred apart by the bullet. I pointed the gun at Matt again, and hit the non-damaged side of the plexiglass. It shattered. "Come on, Matt. Stop moving, you're gonna ruin more of my furniture."

"I...You're trying to kill me! Of course I'm going to move!" He yelled, and dove to the side. The plant pot burst into flames, as I changed the bullets. "Are you trying to kill us both?!" Matt stomped on the fire.

He looked up, and my gun was right between his eyes.

"W-wait!"

I had no hesitation to kill.

I pulled the trigger, but gently, slightly. And then moved my hand to the side. The bullet went into the floor.

Matt jumped.

"Get your ass out of my penthouse, Decker." I hissed.

"But...you offered me asylum from Killbane!"

"And I'll make good on that deal. The Saints have plenty of safe houses. Get your ass to one of those."

"But..this nuclear reactor is my home!"

"Didn't you fucking hear me, Decker? I am not only your leader, but the leader of the Saints. At this point in time, Shaundi will get in contact with you. You will no longer have exclusive contact with me." I threw the gun over the banister. I heard it clatter to the floor below.

"But... I don't understand-" Matt began to speak.

"Shut up and get out!" I yelled.

Can't. Just can't. I can't be emotionally invested in someone.

When there's emotions involved, everyone I love dies. Everyone they love dies.

Julius. Aisha. Gat.

I can't make the mistake of feeling again.

I can barely forgive myself for feeling emotionally invested in Shaundi. I know that someday, Shaundi will pay the price for me caring about her. Someone somewhere is gonna use her against me.

That someone will kill Shaundi, and then I'll feel that same deep regret as I did when Gat died.

And I won't be able to do shit about it.

Matt Miller could be saved from me.

God, wasn't I a sociopath? In the beginning, I was so scared I could barely talk.