Chapter 24 ~ Shared Visions

Your writer has been undertale-obsessed for a while now....

Muhahahahaha....

Prepare for a feels train. It's coming straight for your heart.

Chugga chugga Choo Choo!
♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇◇♧♡♤♡◇♤♡◇♡♡◇♡♤♡◇◇♤♡◇♡♧

Matt sighed, tapping his fingers against the keys of the console. He had been up all night, programming a bridge between the System and the ship- a direct system, but one which used a safe hack that allowed us to bypass the radar. It was a tiny pinprick in vast code, as Matt had said over astronaut food. General Clark himself would act as the firewall.

"Are you going to sit there and creepily watch me all day, or are you going to attempt to get your friends back?" He asked, casually. His eyes were glued to the screen in front of him.

A memory flashed through my head.

I could taste blood in my mouth, and another person was lying in front of me.

I couldn't make out the face, but I knew they were dying.

In that moment, the moment they died, the desperation grew...until my own eyes closed.

I blinked, and it was over. I rested my chin on my knee, staring even more intensely at Matt.

"I don't.... feel like moving." I sighed, moving my tongue around my mouth in circles. I felt bored, but I was determined to stay in one spot.

"If you're depressed, don't be. It's not something you do- you're the leader of the saints."

"The leader of the Saints has emotions, too..." I muttered. Matt's fingers abruptly came to a stop. They lingered over the keyboard, and if I focused my eyes, I could see his hands shaking.

"You... you've said that to me before, haven't you? In steelport?" He asked, his face turning white. I didn't know fuck all about what he was talking about.

"The only words I ever said to you in Steelport were mostly about you being a little bitch behind a keyboard." I laughed. "Are you going insane?"

"I...think I am." He whispered. I could tell he wasn't joking around. I felt a little awkward- the fear he showed with death in his face wasn't this pronounced. "I keep seeing this scene... but it's something you've never said before. But it happened, and it felt so right..." His hands locked up, and stopped shaking. He let loose a weak laugh. "Nevermind."

The clacking of keys filled the room again, and I stared at Matt, who nervously looked my way every 3 minutes. The time passed by easily.

Finally, three hours had passed.

"Matt."

Matt jumped from his seat, tripping over it and falling to the floor. He scrambled to his feet and brushed himself off. "Um, yes?"

"Those things you see."

"W-what about them?"

"I...see things like that too. Except, I'm dying. The other person is dying too, and my eyes are covered with blood. The blood covers my line of sight and scrambles it, making the face impossible to see...."

Matt's eyes widened.

"But... if you're seeing these things... and I'm seeing these things... there's a good chance they're either connected, or we're both going insane."

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♡♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♤◇♧♤♤◇◇♡♤
And the plot thickens.....

What's going to happen to you and Matt?!

Will you ever find out what's happening?

Or maybe...you are insane....

WAIT. we knew that last part already....?

So you're more insane?