Preview Of An Original Story

Uhh, I have no name for it yet, but it'll come out after Ardent is finished.

This is kind of just a mid-break thing xDDDDD

Something to get my creativity flowing to create the next few chapters of this book!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whispers arose through the town as a single woman walked through. Her back was straight, and shoulders rigid, as if she was a man in the army. Her hair was done up in a bun, the shade of night. Her eyes were the stars, burning with a fierce passion that no human could match. Sharp red nails curled and uncurled from her palms, while wisps of smoke fled from her every breath. Only a monster of ash and fire could possibly be so intimidating. The villagers wondered if this woman had come to burn their homes down.

They prayed to Gal'thur, the god of protection and family. 

The woman looked around, and opened her mouth. Smoke spewed forth. 

"Anyone got water? Because I'm hot." 

There was laughter from a house somewhere next to her. It was quickly quieted.

"That...was a joke. A pun. Please don't douse me in water, I have a nasty habit of turning to ashes." She smiled, a lukewarm yet kind one. People began to see her as friendly. "Honestly, I am just here to take up bed at an inn. I know that you are all scared of me, and if I was human, I would be, too."

Any friendliness that was eminating from the humans in the houses stopped. Doors were locked, shutters closed.

"Please, wait. I have been cursed to take this form-"

"And you're gonna turn the wrath of the bloody person who cursed you on us!" Someone yelled.

"You're evil!" Another screeched.

"Wait, no... You don't understa-"

A rock hit the woman in the face, and she fell backwards. A small child glared at her, and she sighed. He threw another rock.

"I am a Phoenix!" She yelled.

"That's a lie!" The boy yelled. "All of the Phoenixes were killed by the Goddess, Cryst, when her Valve did something wrong!" 

"Not all of them." The woman said.

"A God or Goddess' Valve is only good if they do everything their master tells them!" A woman shouted from a house. "Cryst made it known to all Valves, what would happen should they betray their masters and mistresses!" 

"Is the genocide of my race all that acceptable to you?! She'd do it to you, if a human Valve betrayed her!" The black-haired woman screamed. "Cryst killed all of the Pheonixes, save for her Valve, whom she cursed for all of eternity!" 

The other woman came out of the house and glared at her. 

"And you probably deserved it, as well, you insane liar!"

Wings of fire burst from the black haired woman's back, and she rose into the air, much to the village's awe.

"And now you deserve it, as well. Twist and malform, change the shape from which you were born, until finally some day you receive compassion; only then, will the breaking of this curse be put into action!" An eerie glow surrounded the entire town, and every human in it was turned into an ugly troll. The Phoenix burst into flames, and dissipated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would YOU READ IT?

Feedback is needed.