2: Old Times

"This is fun, the four of us together

"This is fun, the four of us together. Reminds me of before you left." Matt smiled, looking at everyone before landing on me. "And it's a plus that you and Caroline actually get along now."

"We didn't not get along." Caroline shrugged, sipping on a beer.

"No, Matt's right. We didn't get along. Something about you pre-death was annoying. I could never figure it out. Maybe it was just because you didn't like me. Because in Chicago i hung out with girls exactly like you." I shrugged as well, holding a nearly empty bottle of whiskey that once belonged to Tyler's dad.

"But, yes, this is fun." I stated, watching Caroline nod, realizing we hadn't got along.

"If Elena and Bonnie were here, it'd be just like old times." Matt nodded as well, a small smile still on his face as he laid on the couch, placing his head on my lap. "But i guess now that Elena is with Stefan, we're not cool enough for her. And i don't even know what's going on with Bonnie."

"Bonnie's going through some personal stuff, she'll come back around eventually." I ran my hand through his hair. "And you're right about Elena, she's changed since Stefan's showed up. I like that she's happy, but there's something about him that doesn't sit right with me. Whenever he's around, not only does it feel like i have a hole in my stomach, but in my chest. I don't know what it is, but Elena sees it and thinks she cant come around if her friends don't like her boyfriend."

"I like him." Caroline huffed, a small smirk on her face as she finished her beer.

"We know you do, Care." Matt laughed, "You happen to be the only one."

I finished the last few drops of whiskey from the bottle before setting it down on the side table. "Someone's phone is ringing." I stated, leaning my head on the back of the couch as the phone continuously rang.

"That's your phone, B." Tyler came from wherever he was in the house and joined us back in the living room. He grabbed my phone from the bar and read it, "It's Stefan. Want me to answer?"

"Nah, just ignore it. I don't want to talk to him." I stated.

"It's all good, i'll answer it." Caroline grabbed the phone with a smile, she glanced at everyone before answering. "What? It could be an emergency; Elena could be in trouble."

"Hello, Blair's phone. Caroline Forbes speaking. Blair is currently unavailable as she is wasted off her ass. How may i be of service?" Caroline answered, the grin still on her face.

"You sound like an automated answering machine, Caroline." I shook my head at her as i waited for her to speak again.

"Shut up, Blair." She whispered before returning to the phone call. "We're having a little party... Just me, Blair, Tyler and Matt... No, Elena isn't here. Blair said she was spending the day with you... You can just tell me... Oh, alright here's Blair."